JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
That is thoroughly irritated with Classified Ads without Pictures? Am I?

AM I?

Hey Bro, this is the Internet. And I don't you know you. And you would have me drive from here to who-knows-where to look at your item on the basis of what? No pictures? Really? And on my one day off this week? Really?

This ain't 1971... pal.... where I have drive to Eugene or wherever based on a one line ad in the paper and a two minute conversation after seven calls trying to reach you to begin with. Those days are over, I lived thru them, and I'm glad to be past that era. There is a better way now and this Forum is it....so get with it.

Am I the Only One who is disconcerted (a polite term for being PO'd), for these lame (fill in the remainder) types who:

1. Don't have or can't borrow a $40 camera (but have a $800 computer)
2. Don't know how to post pictures (and Still don't want to learn)
3. And, worst of all, will "get around to it" later and when, (as we are invariably assured), that pics will "follow".........

Please, indulge me for just a moment when I say.....

Get with the Program and stop wearing out my mouse.

There outta be a Law. And, better yet, with me enforcing it.....

I will not even consider an item that is listed without a pic. They only hurt their own chances of selling when they fail to include one. The "it looks just like this" with links to new guns when selling used ones are almost as bad if not worse. :)

How about the ads that DO have pictures, but they are DARK, OUT OF FOCUS, CHOPPED, etc etc. WHAT is the POINT of pictures like these? I REALLY love the pictures that are SO TINY you can't even see what the item is......

I agree, pictures are a must in an ad. You can buy cheap cameras that will do the job so I don't know why people feel compelled to include no pictures, or those terrible cell phone pictures.

I will not even consider an item that is listed without a pic. They only hurt their own chances of selling when they fail to include one. The "it looks just like this" with links to new guns when selling used ones are almost as bad if not worse. :)

Indeed, I forgot about the "crappy" pictures or links to a new gun.

Hey....this is the Digital Age, guys. If the photo turns out fuzzy, take another one....and another......or twenty more till you get it right......have a Bloody Mary or something to get your hands to stop shaking....... or whatever it takes. Scheesh!

Then, and only then, post it for my consideration.

Links to a picture of a gun that is not yours is even more lame. It is tantamount to fraud.

i have to agree. It is almost as bad as a blind date, and these never turn out well. I can always find beauty even in the ugly ones, just post the pic.

An Ad without a picture to me is a bunch of words for sale, an Ad with a picture is a tangible thing for sale!

And while we are on the subject, another pet peeve in ads, list what you have for sale like this:

1. Rifle
2. Case
3. x number of bullets
4. Bla bla
5. And so forth
6. Etc

It is a real pain to try and fish out what is for sale in a 500 word, one paragraph, no capitalization or punctuation essay! GAWD!

An Ad without a picture to me is a bunch of words for sale, an Ad with a picture is a tangible thing for sale!

And while we are on the subject, another pet peeve in ads, list what you have for sale like this:

1. Rifle
2. Case
3. x number of bullets
4. Bla bla
5. And so forth
6. Etc

It is a real pain to try and fish out what is for sale in a 500 word, one paragraph, no capitalization or punctuation essay! GAWD!

Damn, do I do that.:eek: One long word "PHOTOBUCKET".

What irritates me is those pictures that are so good that they look like they belong in a magazine. (PBP and Dragonsden, I'm looking in your general direction...) You're making the rest of us poor schmucks look bad!:(:s0114:

I swear even with my macro turned on I can't get the lighting that good...

What irritates me is those pictures that are so good that they look like they belong in a magazine. (PBP and Dragonsden, I'm looking in your general direction...) You're making the rest of us poor schmucks look bad!:(:s0114:

It would be nice if PBP would do a how to on photography for us newbies. If he would do it I would sticky it to the top of all the classified sections.

Heck, If that's the case, I've got lots of pictures of guns I could sell you! Just let me know what you want, and I'll sell you a tangible picture of it! :D

But seriously, I agree with you. That will simplify things when this is put into practice on all fronts.

It's PBP's fault! I asked him how to do something with a watermark, then I guess I kinda stole his "gun poses".......man I feel like a sick with a capital "D" now. Well, at least he hasn't given me a hard time about it :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top