JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Agree. No way would I expect seller to deliver. Usually meet at transfer place that is agreed upon by both for firearm or ship if that's what is agreed. But everybody is different I guess. I like to work with honest people who will work with you for a win-win transaction. Never had any problem this way. I guess the entitled folks weed themselves out and that why I don't sell to them. Or maybe I just haven't run into them yet, I dunno. For me I don't sell stuff, I just make friends. ; )

I think shipping works in Oregon, where we currently don't have waiting periods. Not sure how that would work in WA state. But wouldn't the FFL just keep it until the buyer can pick it up... might be at additional cost because it would have to go into inventory??? IDK.

Put it up on Gunbroker with a $.01 starting price, no reserve and a 10 day auction, this has always worked for me. Funds arrive and I take it to the FFL for him to ship, done and done. Lots of good pictures and a honest description will eliminate the back and forth questions and answers. GLWS

Put it up on Gunbroker with a $.01 starting price, no reserve and a 10 day auction, this has always worked for me. Funds arrive and I take it to the FFL for him to ship, done and done. Lots of good pictures and a honest description will eliminate the back and forth questions and answers. GLWS
How do u accept payment on Gunbroker? I've never sold anything on there. Have bought off there using credit card.

How do u accept payment on Gunbroker? I've never sold anything on there. Have bought off there using credit card.

I ALWAYS require a USPS Money Order. Will accept nothing else. I buy with CC sometimes, or with USPS money order, but I'm not set up to process one for selling. No Paypal,,, they are not reliable. No cashiers checks, no Western Union, and there are too many ways to stop a personal check after the gun is shipped. FFL not gonna deal with that.

Last Edited:
^What he said USPS money order ONLY, never had a problem. They pay for all shipping, insurance and time your auction so it ends on a Sunday afternoon.

I ALWAYS require a USPS Money Order. Will accept nothing else. I buy with CC but I'm not set up to process one for selling. No Paypal,,, they are not reliable. No cashiers checks, no Western Union, and there are too many ways to stop a personal check after the gun is shipped. FFL not gonna deal with that.

^What he said USPS money order ONLY, never had a problem. They pay for all shipping, insurance and time your auction so it ends on a Sunday afternoon.

I am wondering why you feel a cashiers check or a Western Union money order is not as secure as a Postal Service money order?

I am wondering why you feel a cashiers check or a Western Union money order is not as secure as a Postal Service money order?

The history of faked cashiers checks and the FACT that they can be cancelled at the bank because they belatedly discovered that their customers funds are not there.

Western Union money orders also have a long history of forgery and scamming. Not sure of all the details, but I 'm sure you could find them online. Sorry to not have better info for you.

move always had nothing but 100% successful transactions with USPS money orders, however I have witnessed various scams with western union and other money services (money gram and the like).

that's not to say it can't happen, just that I feel better when sending a USPS order

The history of faked cashiers checks and the FACT that they can be cancelled at the bank because they belatedly discovered that their customers funds are not there.

Western Union money orders also have a long history of forgery and scamming. Not sure of all the details, but I 'm sure you could find them online. Sorry to not have better info for you.

Thanks for the reply.. I did not know that a cashiers check could be stopped from being exchanged for cash.

Yep. That's why I won't ship. Too many scams out there.

I've never had a problem with a USPS money order. The bigger hassle is taking the time to box up the item, the time to take it to the shipper/FFL/whatever, and the cost of shipping. The price needs to reflect my total cost of doing the deal and buyer needs to pay shipping fee.That's why I don't do $0.01 auctions on GB.

move always had nothing but 100% successful transactions with USPS money orders, however I have witnessed various scams with western union and other money services (money gram and the like).

that's not to say it can't happen, just that I feel better when sending a USPS order

I agree. recently had to send a Western Union MO because the local PO was PACKED with SICK people, As a result, I am willing to wait for these things to clear, no issues for me

I've been a horse trader for years. I've never been cheated out of a nickel.

I have endured many flakes along the way however.

If you feel you're out of your league, don't play. But please don't assume we're all here to cheat you.

Last Edited:
I've been a horse trader for years. I've never been cheated out of a nickel.

If you're out of your league, don't play.

I have endured many flakes along the way however. More from this site than any other.

Yes, we seem to have these in abundance in the PNW. Discretion is required. If you think they are flakes or scum, make them meet up in person. Be armed and ready. I just did a trade today that I was so unconcerned about I wasn't even armed

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top