JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a pistol for sale. Had a few pm's on it. Seems like even though I'm at pre-covid prices, and a darn hard to find, not easy to get pistol, I'm expected to drive almost to their front door.

Damn, is it to much to expect middle ground here? Ya know, fair? One heck of a deal and they want a 10 minute drive but want me to do a 4 hour, round trip drive, plus a two way ferry toll?

When I bought the thing I drive 3 hours to pick it up. TWICE.

Am I out of line expecting middle ground here?

It's already less than I paid last year. By over $100. Seems like they want me to deliver it to their kitchen, at my expense, and them give them some "lip service" in gratitude of selling at a loss. Jeez :mad:

My philisophy is, if they want what I have for sale then they will come to me, if not I don't worry about it because stuff will sell eventually. Don't second guess what the problem is with people nowadays, they are creatures of habit so don't cave to them.

If selling or buying an item I will try to meet up somewhere that works for both parties involved. Cost of the item does make a difference in how far I would be willing to go but I don't think I've ever went more than halfway to meet. It is harder the further "out of town" you are.

Sure has. NOT. And, if I'm buying, I let the seller pick the meet location and his choice of FFL.

Especially for a good deal. The guy I bought it from let me choose and he went out of his way. The FFL couldn't do it that day. So my daughter and I jumped on the harley and met the man at his choice place.

I wasn't about to expect that nice man to go out of HIS way to meet me. I've looked the nation over to find this thing. I met his requests without hesitation.

And, I'd do it again. Honest man. As a matter of fact, if I can find out who it it was, I'll buy him an upgraded membership here. I got a good, fair, deal from a man of integrity.

Exceedingly rare these days.

Last Edited:
If you don't like the deal, don't go through with the deal. It's 2021 and this is the internet. Don't lose sleep over it. If I had the money I'd make the trip and buy it myself, but I don't.

Buyers don't want to travel twice with the potential of a multi week wait over their head and don't consider that you're in the same boat. It's about what's inconvenient to them, unfortunately.

If the buyer is physically unable to travel, I can see where they would need you to come to them. But if they are just lazy, I would cancel the deal if they are not willing to put in the effort. Its a seller's market. The fact that you're selling it at pre-Wu Flu prices should be more than enough of a benefit to the buyer.

I have a pistol for sale. Had a few pm's on it. Seems like even though I'm at pre-covid prices, and a darn hard to find, not easy to get pistol, I'm expected to drive almost to their front door.

Damn, is it to much to expect middle ground here? Ya know, fair? One heck of a deal and they want a 10 minute drive but want me to do a 4 hour, round trip drive, plus a two way ferry toll?

When I bought the thing I drive 3 hours to pick it up. TWICE.

Am I out of line expecting middle ground here?
Hello to you and of you out there , I am coming in late but what you got and how much

Id tell the buyer to stuff it. If they want it that bad they will have to pay my time and mileage. I'm not a charity. If there is a reason why they cannot go out of their neighborhood then I'd shipmit to their FFL, on their dime.

Like others I like to ask the seller where and when to meet. Sometimes this doesn't work out and would end up costing me almost as much as the item is worth to go get it so I have to back out. I expect the seller to consider the same thing and act accordingly.

What I don't like to see is sellers telling the buy they found someone to sell to that is closer even after trying to set up a meeting time and date by asking the sell what works for them. That's low.

The cost of the item isn't just the cash.

Its cash + drive time + hassle.

Even if the cash is low, the total cost might be high.

The downside to living in a rural area, is less local buyers to choose from.

I have not sold a gun during cv19 but have bought a few new ones. In Oregon conceal permits usually help wait times drastically. One was 15 mins or less. The other was several days. But that was during one of the panics from an online purchase. And I don't buy on the weekends.

I have considered thinning the herd due to redundancy and putting them on consignment. Won't make top dollar but reduce some of the hassle.

Hello to you and of you out there , I am coming in late but what you got and how much

Maybe he'll deliver?

Screenshot_20210205-055047.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews