Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Am I all alone in Idaho here?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by DEADTIME, Mar 26, 2012.

1. DEADTIME

DEADTIME Coeur D alene Active Member

I keep looking at everyone's tag and don't see anyone from Idaho. I know that population wise its a very small state but someone has to be out there from the great state of Idaho. If not then its all mine!......muhahahaha

2. mjn

mjn Tri-Cities, Wa Active Member

Welcome deadtime. My home may be in Washington, but I have property up north of you that I visit as often as I can.

This is a good forum. Lots of great info.

3. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Welcome deadtime. I used to travel to Boise every year and when I was 12 I spent a summer on a ranch outside of Paul. Idaho is a great state and if I did not have anything holding me back I would be moving there.

4. yskippy

yskippy Tigard Life Member Lifetime Supporter

Deadtime

I live in Portland, but we have a vacation condo in CDA. I'm actually in town this week, hoping to get over to Center Target today or tomorrow. Then a quick trek to cabela's and black sheep sporting goods to do some window shopping. Welcome to the boards and enjoy CDA.

5. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Well Post Falls is right in between us so if we ever end up doing any business ill meet you at ?????????????????????????Showgirls?

6. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Your own private Idaho.

I make regular forays to my childhood state of Montana, still have family and friends at Flathead. My regular lunch stop (11 or Noon) is Hunter's Restaurant (Spokane Street Exit in Post Falls: taxidermy and elk noodle soup to die for). On my way there this Thursday for the "best little gunshow in the Northwest": Kalispell. Childhood friend and still hunting buddy lives in Eagle (outside Boise). So it's not your own private Idaho at least twice a year.

7. CIPuyleart

CIPuyleart La Center, WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I grew up in Bonners Ferry, and still have two uncles in CDA area. My folks split time between N. Idaho and W. Montana. I still try to get back every year for elk season...I'd probably still live there if I could make the sort of living I do here, but the sort of construction I'm in just doesn't spring up that often in North Idaho.

ripcity and (deleted member) like this.
  8. carracer

carracer Nampa, Idaho Active Member

Huh? What? Idaho? Sorry, fell asleep. Uh, Yeah! Nampa Id. Not a big poster but am here. I do alot of lurking.

9. giddyupgo55

giddyupgo55 Vernonia Active Member

Howdy deadtime Don't live there, but I do own land in a small town ( if you can call it a town ) called Santa about 17 miles from St. Maries.

10. DSAPT9

DSAPT9 North Idaho Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

No I am just a few miles north of CDA myself.

I like to lurk in the back ground and comment only once in a while so as you see I do not have many posts. I don’t know if you been in Coeur d’ Alene long or not but if you go to Black Sheep much we have probably seen each other and not even known it as I frequent the place often.

So your not alone in Idaho, sorry.

Have a great day

11. Sabertooth

Sabertooth Josephine County Active Member

Idaho is like eastern Oregon, there is people there, but you may have to drive for a couple of hours to get to your neighbors house.

12. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

North Central WA. Go to ID when the spirit moves us. Many many moons ago (late 40's eaarly 50's) lived north of Bonner Ferry. Almost retired up there but it too far from the kids for my wife.

13. DEADTIME

DEADTIME Coeur D alene Active Member

Thanks for replying all, Looks like a few Idaho folks here or some who visit once in a while.

14. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

I grew up in Bonner's Ferry. Moved to Portland after high school. Nothing beats northern Idaho or North Western Montana IMO. My father still lives in Bonner's well Moyie Springs, and I go up every few months to visit.

CIPuyleart and (deleted member) like this.
  15. CIPuyleart

CIPuyleart La Center, WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Small world - when I was born, we lived in Moyie Springs. We moved to Naples when I started high school in '90. Don't know your real name or age - but there's a good chance we've crossed paths!

16. ripcity

ripcity Milwaukie Active Member

That's crazy. I lived in moyie through the 90 and graduated from bfhs in 2001.

17. 4Freedom

4Freedom Boise, Idaho Well-Known Member

Greetings.. I am in Boise, Idaho, but considering moving to Washington.. It is a great state, but North and South Idaho are two different states. The Treasure Valley is too dry and barren for me. Growing up in Oregon, I miss the trees. The mountains are quite far away.. However, there is some amazing scenery in the Southern part of the state: McCall, Sawtooths, etc. I have considered living in the Northern Part of Idaho. I just don't know if I can land a job in that area. CDA/Sandpoint area is awesome.. I was up there this Summer and it is gorgeous. If I decide to go up that way I can give you PM. Probably won't be until the Summer.

I wish I could bring the shooting ranges we have here in the Treasure Valley everywhere I go.. Sadly, West of Cascades has meager shooting options compared to Idaho. Have you been to Fernan Rod & Gun Club?? Let me know what you think if you have, if I move up there I would like to possibly join that club.

18. LoneStar

LoneStar WA Active Member

I am probably moving to N. Idaho sometime in the next year...unless I end up back in "the Volunteer State". N. Idaho is beautiful...S. Idaho looks like desert from the pictures I've seen.