JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way I read the law, almost all of the proposed scenarios would be illegal. It appears that any transfer of possesion (handing it over physically) outside of your home, official shooting range or hunting area (as long as you stay together) would be illegal without a fee/registration/permission (background check).

Very valid questions, looks like I'll try to incorporate some of that into a meme similar to this one:

xSt4ku.jpg

All in all, we just need to point out that I-594 is all cost with no benefit. I-591 on the other hand is a different story whether or not you own a gun (helping to stop unwarranted searches).

Don't bother - they aren't interested.

Better idea - get your local Rep to write the AGs office to get an opinion. We should all do this - there is less than 100 days to the election.

What they are interested in is finding you guilty if one minor infraction is caught. Then you become a felon. If you are future tripping.

If those laws are passed and your worst case scenario plays out. If you let the wrong people into your life.

IF...You dont pay attention!

This is the relevant portion of the text to most of the questions.

(25) "Transfer" means the intended delivery of a firearm to another person without consideration of payment or promise of payment including, but not limited to, gifts and loans.

One of the scenarios I have been thinking about. So the law passes and is in effect. You go down to a FFL and buy yourself a handgun. For all intent this firearms is now registered to you. To think that there will not be a state record of the required transfers is asinine. So something goes haywire and the cops are at your house wanting to take your guns ( I had a friend who had a loud argument at his house, no violence nor any crime committed, The neighbor knowing he was a firearms enthusiast called the cops saying she was in fear for her life because people with guns where arguing next door. The cops showed up and confiscated all of his weapons, no charges filed. ) So for what ever reason you do not have this pistol you bought that they think you should have. Possibly its buried in a cache 200 miles away. Maybe its at your cabin. Maybe you thinking it was not a big deal sold it to your pal without doing the "proper" background check. What ever the case you no longer have the weapon transferred to you in your possession. Would you then be charged with "Constructive transfer" or something along those lines? What if there is several of these guns you cant account for? Your now a felon even though they cannot prove you transferred them to someone else? Is "I lost them in a boating accident" a possible defense?

<snip>The neighbor knowing he was a firearms enthusiast called the cops saying she was in fear for her life because people with guns where arguing next door.<snip>

The neighbor, in collusion with the cops, violated, at least, your friend's Constitutional rights keep and bear arms, privacy, and due process. It is long past time that those who make calls to police that turn out to be without merit are prosecuted both civilly and criminally.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top