JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saturday there was only one can of Spam on the shelf at Winco. I've had to use the Hormel brand which isn't the same, and also some canned corned beef hash from Brazil that I absolutely do not recommend. Guy stocking the shelves says it sells out as soon as they put it out. Should we be stocking up on TP, beef, pork, beans & bacon again?

I was fairly well stocked up before the lat time. When things normalized I went long on the things that were hard to get during the plannic. It's like everything is in an ammo cycle - boom or bust.

N ot sure other than riots and election stress that is causing people to panic. Maybe if you can't buy ammo you buy TP and spam instead?

Saturday there was only one can of Spam on the shelf at Winco. I've had to use the Hormel brand which isn't the same, and also some canned corned beef hash from Brazil that I absolutely do not recommend. Guy stocking the shelves says it sells out as soon as they put it out. Should we be stocking up on TP, beef, pork, beans & bacon again?
Bimart has shelves full of Spam.. good prices too.

We have "a bunch", but enjoy it.

I truly do not understand the concept of/over "hoarding"! Why buy things that one won't use? That's just throwing money away.

Stocking up on anything that will be used is just good sense & usually a money saver...hmmm what do I know tho?

I was just at the store to grab some stuff and noticed a lot of empty spots on the shelves again too. Was not paying attention to what was gone but I did have to wonder what the hell is setting it off this time. Spam of all things too? Used to like it when I was a kid. While back I tried some fried with some eggs and ended up giving it to the dogs. Not sure if Spam has changed or my tastes have changed. For some reason it was not good like I remember it.
What the hell, people need to learn to keep a supply of stuff anyway as a just in case. If we have another panic run of stuff maybe some more will learn to. I have not seen anything in the news to start another though. Must have missed someting.

I was just at the store to grab some stuff and noticed a lot of empty spots on the shelves again too. Was not paying attention to what was gone but I did have to wonder what the hell is setting it off this time. Spam of all things too? Used to like it when I was a kid. While back I tried some fried with some eggs and ended up giving it to the dogs. Not sure if Spam has changed or my tastes have changed. For some reason it was not good like I remember it.
What the hell, people need to learn to keep a supply of stuff anyway as a just in case. If we have another panic run of stuff maybe some more will learn to. I have not seen anything in the news to start another though. Must have missed someting.

Probably supply chain interruptions in combo with normal day to day buyers and folks stocking up.

As an ex, the sugar free liquid coffee creamer we enjoy is out. As are all the other sugar free versions we don't enjoy same brand. Dairy guy at Freddie's said they couldn't get anymore. Wearhouse is out.

So stocked up on the next best thing, there powder version. Will take our pallets a few weeks to adjust, hopefully.

We have "a bunch", but enjoy it.

I truly do not understand the concept of/over "hoarding"! Why buy things that one won't use? That's just throwing money away.

Stocking up on anything that will be used is just good sense & usually a money saver...hmmm what do I know tho?
L'est we forget the great toilet paper shortage of 2020. :p

Seriously believe it's just supply chain interruptions, once the manufacturers warehouse run dry, retail supply dries up. Won't be seen again until the supply chain is sufficiently saturated.

Happening with the darnedest of products. Spam, the wife's coconut butter, some brands of bathroom tissue, any brand of sanitizing wipes, ammo, primers, powder...

Lets hope it doesn't happen with liquor, that'll make the situation unbearable...

Reminds me to go buy another bulk pack of TP...

I used to love Spam. Now I can't stomach it unless it's mixed in something else. But I have, still do, and will forever love corned beef hash in a can. My favorite meal is a can of corned beef hash, 2 eggs over easy, and two pieces of wheat toast with butter. I could eat that every day; well, until my arteries give out.

o man. fried spam&eggs, rice and brown hamburger gravy sounds amazing right now. top that with some grilled onions and sriracha. :s0155:

its what my people call "loco moco"

o man. fried spam&eggs, rice and brown hamburger gravy sounds amazing right now. top that with some grilled onions and sriracha. :s0155:

its what my people call "loco moco"

Yummy I liked the, "loco moco" I didn't have Spam in but there was a place near Waikiki that severed eggs and spam. I know Spam was a godsend during WW2. My dad and his parents lived in Honolulu.

My grand parents past away many years ago but I went to Oahu to visit their grave site. I had not visited for over 20 years but I got to tour the USS Missouri which very nice. The USS Arizona memorial was closed that day but I had visited that several times before. I also toured the USS Bowfin and the submarine museum as well. I guess the biggest change in Pearl Harbor is that there is a bridge to Ford Island now.

I was wondering if some of the ammo shortages are due to the proliferation of solar power, or other alternative power sources that demand LEAD as one of the main ingredients. In other words...big batteries take a lot of lead to produce, and demand is way up for them. Not just for solar power stations, but simply as backup power sources with inverters, or other uses.

As far as Spam goes, when the pandemic started, but about a week prior to the Big Food and Paper Product Buyout, I stocked up heavily. So now I just replace what I have already used when I use it, whether it be paper or Spam.

The only thing I regret was buying that 24 pack of Libby's Sausage Gravy. ('Contains REAL sausage!') Yeah, right. Trust me on something. You are WAY better off just making your own.

The one thing I changed in my lifestyle, as far as shooting goes, (I go camping and shooting a lot in the Olympic National Forest) was I started just picking up whatever caliber I needed in any size box or whatever I could get my hot little hands on. And then...I started cutting back on my actual shooting. On trips where I would pop off a brick of 22 for example, I would shoot off maybe fifty rounds and save the rest. I also picked up an 1851 Colt Navy in 36 caliber and stocked up on the supplies for THAT. So instead of blowing off mass quantities of store-bought ammo, I would do the black powder game all weekend. Takes a lot of your camping day to load, reload, clean, and then finally shoot those things.

Now my ammo supply is more than adequate, because some day...if you think ammo is scarce sometimes NOW...wait five years and see if it gets any better. Maybe it will, maybe not. But you should prepare just in case. As far as black powder shooting goes, it's the one way to shoot where you can actually MAKE all the items you need for shooting...as long as you study up good on HOW to actually MAKE the proper powder. I have not done that yet, although I'm starting to learn. The roundballs you can cast if you wish.

Last Edited:
We ran out of Spam the last round so I made sure that the shelf was full.

I don't like fried eggs, so I always make them scrambled. The best breakfast is garlic fried rice, spam and eggs.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews