Alright, who is hoarding Spam?

3MTA3

Reactions
All Joking aside if you are going to stockpile things you can eat , i made that mistake years ago and ended up with a bunch of food I did not like and ended up throwing away or giving to others.

Oh and make sure you rotate it / replenish FIFO
Same plan here:
  1. Eat what you store
  2. Store what you eat
  3. Rotate

Tony617

Reactions
We ran out of Spam the last round so I made sure that the shelf was full.

I don't like fried eggs, so I always make them scrambled. The best breakfast is garlic fried rice, spam and eggs.
I loved fried eggs with toast and some spam. You can drunk the toast in the egg yolks. Yummy. I also like soft boiled eggs, and cut the toasted bread up and put in my soft boiled eggs. I also like scrambled eggs and hard boiled as well. Heck I llke eggs period!!!. :D

Reactions
If you 'like' spam, then I guess you'll eat anything...skunk, road kill, crickets, etc.

A spam boy will survive!
I was raised by people of very modest means and we actually did eat it , I do not hate but I do not go looking for it either at the grocery store. It kept a lot of people from starving during WWII so it's not all bad.

I do buy some of the pressed canned hams and some chicken as I will eat them even though they have more sodium than anyone needs daily.

Camelfilter

Reactions
If you 'like' spam, then I guess you'll eat anything...skunk, road kill, crickets, etc.

A spam boy will survive!
Interesting.

Not quite the same as not liking how something tastes, but an aversion to how Spam is perceived perhaps? “Cheap”.

Curious if folks whom don’t normally eat Spam, would eat it if it was the only Smeat available?

MannyGlocks

Reactions

A little anti-spam humor.

If one will eat spam, I'd guess they'd also eat 'vienna sausages' the other gawd awful slurry meat, blech!

That being said, I had a baloney with jalepeno infused bits on rye bread for breakfast, so I too will eat crap that'd make a buzzard puke...

Last edited:

MannyGlocks

Reactions
CF,

Of course.

I don't look at it as 'cheap' just mystery meat swimming in oodles of sloppy fat.

Would I eat it if nothing else was to he had?

Yep, I'd pretend to like it too.

If you psyche yourself enough you'll eat anything, including long pig if nothing else is available.

Just ask the South American soccer team that crashed in the Andes a few decades ago.

Know why cabin boys on sailing vessels were recruited?

In case they ran out of food while at sea...

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Seattle, WA, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom