JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

If a citizen voices his grievances to a crowd of politicians who refuse to listen, does it actually get heard?

I don't understand the over excited response.

So the ATF is over stepping thier bounds and now doing the Congress's job of creating laws.

What did we do before the original Sig Brace? We had plain buffer tubes and if you didn't have a round tube you put paracord to show intentionally not being able to put a stock on it.

So, what have I done so far well I have already sent e-mails to Trump and my senators, donated $100 to FRAC and I am in the process of typing the letter to the ATF.

You may ask why; it's called being proactive rather than reactive and yes, the ATF is going rogue in my opinion as this is all political and not a safety issue.

Yes, I could go back to a rifle A2 or pistol buffer tube and I still have one in this configuration but after 7 plus years and several million braces being sold between all the brands why should I have to, "because they changed their mind".

We have proven that we did not use them to cause mayhem during this time frame but I will agree that most folks may not have used them correctly but crime did not go up because they existed.

it's amazing all those pistols with braces (SBR wannabes) running around and crime with said pistols did not go up, I mean how dare they not meet the liberal expectations of death and destruction.

The ATF really never had a right to approve it and they also do not have the right to ban it so maybe its time we tell them that.

I don't understand the over excited response.

So the ATF is over stepping thier bounds and now doing the Congress's job of creating laws.

What did we do before the original Sig Brace? We had plain buffer tubes and if you didn't have a round tube you put paracord to show intentionally not being able to put a stock on it.
Not to get in the weeds but a round buffer tube should not be required to classify a firearm as a pistol. Simply the absence of a stock should render it a pistol by the legal definition?

I swear to god the ATF needs to be put down like the rabid dog that it is. :mad:

These things have been legal for years and ATF even said so. Now with the stroke of a pen...by a bunch of UNELECTED bureaucrats...they...may/might/who the hell really knows because the wording is so ambiguous...become illegal. But don't worry, we the mighty ATF will maybe let you register them as NFA items. I mean, if you have nothing to hide, what's the big deal about registering? You do have nothing to hide...right?

And it is no accident that the ATF condensed the typical 30 day comment period down to 14 and is doing this all over the busiest holiday of the year when people are distracted with other things. :rolleyes:

If the ATF makes braces illegal today, what will they make illegal tomorrow with a stroke of a pen?

Colion's video on this...

And the comments Dan Crenshaw posted to the ATF...

nc_ohc=8R8tZQDUqBYAX9gQMYF&_nc_ht=scontent.fsan1-2.jpg

It has no force of law, seems to be political rather than anything else. If Trump quashes this before he goes, it'd go along ways. To date he's proven unwilling to stand in the gap for 2A encroachment.

Statement of facts:

An arbitrary barrel length requirement does nothing to save lives in firearm related violence

An arbitrary barrel length requirement does nothing to reduce or prevent crime from being perpetrated.

An arbitrary barrel length requirement clearly does not fit within the descriptions of "shall not be infringed" and is thereby unconstitutional regardless of how many people have willingly complied thus far.

The free market has (in good faith) attempted to comply with the unconstitutional arbitrary requirements for the definitions of SBR's, pistols, and handguns and deliver a product that customers can lawfully use.

Members of government have (incessantly) attempted to (further) restrict the populaces lawful ability/access to items acknowledged under the umbrella of the right to bear arms in the bill of rights.

Without saber rattling for all the internet to read. I've already explained to my wife very pointedly how I will respond to any attempt of tyrannical overreach. Every cause needs a spark to light the fuse.

"free stamp for SBR"

GTFO.

they really think our rights only are worth $200 and we're THAT dumb to register our stuff?

:s0114::s0114::s0114:
While I get the sentiment, I actually wanted to SBR the one AR9 and Ruger Charger I own, the brace was an intermediate step.

I want a VFG on the 'sbr' with the suppressor and have a mini-rifle.

But to bait and switch.... like they will do is bullbubblegum.

Nobody. What we should recognize is that they are coming after everything (and not just firearms, but every amendment in the Bill of Rights). What we should recognize is they will use every dirty tool in their toolbox to do it. What we should recognize is that there is no more time to remain spectators or bury our heads in the sand; that nothing we own is "off the books"; and that we all will have some very tough decisions to make in the near future. We need to recognize that division within the firearms community is not only moronic but suicidal. This is only the next step. Mark my words, SBRs, hunting rifles, handguns, shotguns, magazines and ammo will be on the confiscation list within the next 4 years. Those who don't think this affects them now are the frogs getting boiled to death.
If they go after all the amendments, there are going to be some pissed off women out here. But what the heck, they Won't be able to vote anymore. So who cares? My boss will actually be able to own me, so he'll be happy.

next its going to be 80% AR lowers then Binary triggers.... people need to stand up now, but people here are just like " I knew it was going to happen..;." clowns.
ATF=Tyranny

So I was on The high road gun forum, on the legal thread. They had a link to the atf document that is stirring up all this hoopla. I found it a interesting read, obviously they are not stupid, they know what's going on. To quote them, "although not a determinative factor, the actual use by members of the firearms industry, firearm writers and the general public may provide further indication of the design and intent". So instead of the gray fuzziness we have now, perhaps they will define it in a clearer black an white. This is legal, this is not legal. One can hope. But I'm afraid that pistols and braces will be a moot point if they take control of the Senate. Ho ho&jo&beto didn't stutter, it's pretty clear what their vision is. My two cents.

Hopefully they throw out free SBR stamps I have a few that I was going to do anyway.

People were laughing at me for SBR'ing everything. Who's laughing now b!tches?

On the bright side I just bought a complete with BCG Colt 11.5" SBR upper for $500. The panic has started.

556 colt 2.jpg

556 colt.jpg

Last Edited:
While I get the sentiment, I actually wanted to SBR the one AR9 and Ruger Charger I own, the brace was an intermediate step.

I want a VFG on the 'sbr' with the suppressor and have a mini-rifle.

But to bait and switch.... like they will do is bullbubblegum.

Yeah if I can save a couple $, I would SBR every serialized lower I have.

I found it a interesting read, obviously they are not stupid, they know what's going on. To quote them, "although not a determinative factor, the actual use by members of the firearms industry, firearm writers and the general public may provide further indication of the design and intent".
That probably means they are looking back at all the youtube reviews and product pitches and illustrations of nearly everyone ever holding and using a brace - as a shouldering device.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top