JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Should change the subject to all gun control bills side boxed for this session. They are still out there waiting like a claymore mine.

Rep Barker is definitely the go to guy, but so long as Prozanski is in the senate nothing good will happen. As a matter of fact, quite the opposite as he'll gut and stuff anything coming out of the house.

Before anything positive can happen the residents of the 4th District need to oust Prozanski, until then the rest of the state is under that maniac's thumb.

Rep Barker is definitely the go to guy, but so long as Prozanski is in the senate nothing good will happen. As a matter of fact, quite the opposite as he'll gut and stuff anything coming out of the house.

Before anything positive can happen the residents of the 4th District need to oust Prozanski, until then the rest of the state is under that maniac's thumb.

An unfortunate truth.

The message that needs to be sent to the portland libs is.
As long as the left side of government is in power things like the IRS, NSA, FAST AND FURIOUS SNAKES WILL REIGN.
Now even libs dont like being spied on or supplying cartels with weapons. Just maybe enough will engage their brain before the next elections. If politics dont move right there they just might have to adapt life to living in a crossfire.

The message that needs to be sent to the portland libs is.
As long as the left side of government is in power things like the IRS, NSA, FAST AND FURIOUS SNAKES WILL REIGN.
Now even libs dont like being spied on or supplying cartels with weapons. Just maybe enough will engage their brain before the next elections. If politics dont move right there they just might have to adapt life to living in a crossfire.

Fat chance of that ever happening, Portland libs are too thick headed and enamored with themselves to see any other view point. You could stick 4 pennies in front of them and they would still argue 2+2 = 5.

Short of a north Korean nuke getting lost, we're stuck with the liberal disease. Not that Republicans are any better, other than supporting the second amendment and not giving hand outs, repubs have their own set of bull. Frankly both parties suck and is very much what is wrong with this country. It is sad that our politics is what made this country so great, only now is what is destroying it.

At this point, I would be happy with another decade of status quo, beyond that I look forward to the sacking and pillaging.

Fat chance of that ever happening, Portland libs are too thick headed and enamored with themselves to see any other view point. You could stick 4 pennies in front of them and they would still argue 2+2 = 5.

Short of a north Korean nuke getting lost, we're stuck with the liberal disease. Not that Republicans are any better, other than supporting the second amendment and not giving hand outs, repubs have their own set of bull. Frankly both parties suck and is very much what is wrong with this country. It is sad that our politics is what made this country great is what is destroying it now.

At this point, I would be happy with another decade of status quo, beyond that I look forward to the sacking ans pillaging.

Then we have to fix it is about as simple as I can put it. Nothing is impossible. Some things just are more labor intense and takemore time than others, but anything CAN be done. :)

Got an email from Senator Bruce Starr this morning:

Safeguarding Your Rights
Thank you for writing to me (and other legislators) in defense of our 2nd Amendment rights this session. Your efforts made a big difference in stopping gun control legislation from being passed into law.

The 2013 legislative session just ended, and not a moment too soon for gun owners! The 2nd Amendment was the target of an all-out assault as anti-gun advocates attacked gun rights from every angle. There were bills introduced to limit magazine capacities, outlaw certain types of guns, and require extensive paperwork, bureaucracy and record keeping in order to buy a gun.

I was proud that I was part of holding such proposals at bay. The very existence of our country is inseparable from every citizen's ability to keep and bear arms. The respectful and safe use of guns has become part of our nation's DNA: an important way of life, a valued recreation and crucial to personal self-defense and preserving our nation's freedom. Guns are an important part of safeguarding our liberty that others have died to maintain.

I was able to hold up several terrible gun control proposals this session. In many cases just one vote kept anti-gun legislation from becoming law. Those of us who worked so hard to keep gun control bills from coming to the Senate floor faced immense pressure to cave, but we held strong.

Now I'm up for re-election. My staunch defense of the 2nd Amendment has been threatened to be used against me. I will face a well-funded opponent who would like nothing better than to replace me in Salem and help vote for significant gun control legislation.

I need your help to overcome the special interest, anti-gun money my opponent can raise. I want to return to the state capitol and continue to stand up for our right to bear arms - would you consider contributing to my campaign? I need help right away to begin hiring a campaign team, paying fo walking cards and to start laying the groundwork for a successful campaign. If you can contribute any amount, no matter how small, click here or send a check to:

Bruce Starr for State Senate Committee
22115 NW Imbrie Dr #290
Hillsboro, OR 97124.

Remember, any contribution up to $50 ($100 for a couple) is a tax credit that comes directly off your tax bill.

Thank you for your support, and your willingness to speak out on behalf of liberty and freedom.

Then we have to fix it is about as simple as I can put it. Nothing is impossible. Some things just are more labor intense and takemore time than others, but anything CAN be done. :)

Ironically the Financial Times said this about Egypt (my edits added, makes you think)

Our chief foreign affairs columnist writes:
"The current political upheavals in Egypt (America) show that freedom and democracy are not always the same thing. Egyptian liberals (American conservatives) who backed the military coup against President Mohamed Morsi (Obama) justified their actions because they believed that the Muslim Brotherhood (liberal) government, although elected, was threatening fundamental freedoms."

Ironically the Financial Times said this about Egypt (my edits added, makes you think)

Our chief foreign affairs columnist writes:
"The current political upheavals in Egypt (America) show that freedom and democracy are not always the same thing. Egyptian liberals (American conservatives) who backed the military coup against President Mohamed Morsi (Obama) justified their actions because they believed that the Muslim Brotherhood (liberal) government, although elected, was threatening fundamental freedoms."

As is the obumm administration.

We have 6 months to apply pressure on the one's that wavered. Also a good time to influence the voters in Burdick and Hass districts to give them the boot. All should send an e mail to Betsy Johnson for standing with us and being the only senate democrat to say she would vote no on any gun control bill.

Oregon
The Freedom Index: A Congressional Scorecard Based on the U.S. Constitution rates congressmen based on their adherence to constitutional principles of limited government, fiscal responsibility, national sovereignty, and a traditional foreign policy of avoiding foreign entanglements. The percentages below are cumulative scores are based on key votes from 1999 through 2013. Click on a senator's or representative's name to get a detailed breakdown of his or her voting record.
Sen. Jeff Merkley - 14%
Sen. Ron Wyden - 17%
Dist.1: Suzanne Bonamici - 22%
Dist.2: Greg Walden - 48%
Dist.3: Earl Blumenauer - 20%
Dist.4: Peter DeFazio - 31%
Dist.5: Kurt Schrader - 21%
The Freedom Index: A Congressional Scorecard Based on the U.S. Constitution

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show