JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone here have any experience with them?

I placed an order for their new cloak 2.0 on the 15th of september and was quoted 2-4 weeks wait. I didn't think that was a big deal.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I got an email from Alien Gear saying they were experiencing more orders than they could handle given the time frame. Thats ok I thought. I was happy to see them doing well. I sent Alien Gear an email wondering where my order was. I received an email from them saying my order would ship out no later than the 27th of october. Nothing on the 27th of october. On the 28th I received a form email from Alien Gear thanking me for my patience and assuring me my order was not forgotten. I emailed them at that moment asking what was going on. No response. I emailed them again this morning with the same question. Again, no response. I've tried calling but my calls go straight to voicemail.

So here I sit with no holsters and no communication with Alien Gear. I wonder if I will ever see my order.

<- Why there aren't any school shootings in Israel!
Teacher with long gun slung over her shoulder!!!

I've had one for months. Sometimes I use it and sometimes I don't. I really like Crossbreeds better although my Crossbreed broke last week and my Alien Gear hasn't. The Crossbreed just sits better and fits the Kimbers better.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
NRA Golden Eagle member
Defender of Freedom Award
WAC Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

I placed an order for a Shell only for a XD subcompact on 11/11/14 and got a shipping email confirmation on 11/12/14, before placed my order chatted with someone asking for the time frame for the shell and the estimated time was from 1 to 2 weeks, after placed my order I got a notice stating that if I was ordering a complete holster or a combo holster the waiting time is from 4 to 6 weeks .
To be honest I got impressed when I got the shipping email confirmation yesterday.
:)

Order placed 9/18 - shipping notice 10/22. Holster is quite comfortable. I'm sorry I went with the standard clips and not the metal ones (I wear 1 3/4" belt) but otherwise I'm happy. I got 3 or 4 notices of delays during the waiting period.

I got mine after 8 weeks. I ordered the 2 pack, one with the leather backing and one with the new backing. Even after being frustrated with their customer service, I will have to say they have a nice product. Its comfortable to wear and you can adjust every part of it. I'm happy with the standard clips.... I guess i don't know what the benefit of the metal clips is.

There's a multi page thread in the Accessories sub forum re Alien Gear and their holsters/wait time. I was a little poed that the wait time isn't/wasn't posted on their site. When I discovered that it was going to be up to 6-8 weeks for delivery I ordered from Harwell Holsters and for $20-25 more received a higher quality (imo) Holster in less than a week. I haven't used the Aliengear I eventually received.

image.jpg image.jpg On at side note, like to share that I got my shell on the mail yesterday (11/15/14), but after install it and do retention adjustments found out that I have a fitment problem with the shell were the shell is shorter or out of alignment with the back end of the slide :(

As you can see on the pictures that shell will make marks on the slide the minute I start using it.

I already email Alíen Gear holsters and will wait to see what happens next.

When I ordered mine the wait time was said to be 4 to 6 weeks. I got mine in 10 days as did a friend of mine. I think they are a bit busier now than when I ordered mine though. The holster is good, not the best quality but very useful. I carry both an M&P 9c and a shield in it, just having to swap out the rubber grommets. I thought mine was good so the wife just ordered one for herself.

Ordered mine in early October and just got it. I have to say it's the most comfortable IWB holster I've had so far. Tried King Tuck, Ted Blocker and a couple others. Pretty impressed - especially at the price point.

Mine carries well too, they're a small American company who are kind of struggling with the lime light they've been thrust into.
I want their new backing, but the original leather fits well and is comfortable, however, i've no other comparison holster, i just know this is comfortable and no complaints to speak of.

[QUOTE="corsar66, post
after a couple emails back and forward Alien Gear is sending another shell! With the option to return the bad one

Great customer service :s0155:

I ordered some Alien Gear Holsters before and it only took a couple of weeks. The last holster I ordered on May 27th and it was not delivered until July 17th. I do like Alien Gear holsters I bought and will order again as needed.

What I absolutely love is that I ordered the glock 23 holster but recently acquired a g30sf. A couple of adjustments with the included parts and it fit the 30, which is a relatively wider frame. Very cool.

OK I'm bringing this one BACK as I just got some GREAT customer service from them.
In October of 2015 I received my Alien gear holster OWB and IWB Tuck 2.0. After wearing it for a while on my belt securing the gun in my vehicle and keeping the holster on my belt because of the inconvenience of taking everything off that side and restringing it, the leather of the back peice would get sweaty and soft making it difficult to reholster when I got back into the car.
I sent an email last Sunday night and called them Mon. Morning, the lady says they usually ask that you send in the holster and they will send another back BUT "you keep that one, we will send a new back piece and hardware and when THAT one deteriates send the old one and we will exchange it and you WON'T BE WITHOUT A HOLSTER" I received the back piece and hardware kit TODAY 5 days later with the invoice printed out as total billed $36.82 - $36.82 DISCOUNT for a total of $0.00
I'm all smiles and hope others give them a chance to do you well.

Anyone here have any experience with them?

I placed an order for their new cloak 2.0 on the 15th of september and was quoted 2-4 weeks wait. I didn't think that was a big deal.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I got an email from Alien Gear saying they were experiencing more orders than they could handle given the time frame. Thats ok I thought. I was happy to see them doing well. I sent Alien Gear an email wondering where my order was. I received an email from them saying my order would ship out no later than the 27th of october. Nothing on the 27th of october. On the 28th I received a form email from Alien Gear thanking me for my patience and assuring me my order was not forgotten. I emailed them at that moment asking what was going on. No response. I emailed them again this morning with the same question. Again, no response. I've tried calling but my calls go straight to voicemail.

So here I sit with no holsters and no communication with Alien Gear. I wonder if I will ever see my order.
Is the cloak the one that you can take off your belt and attache it to something else like under your steering wheel in your car or the side of your recliner lol if so I just saw this on a YouTube video it looks pretty cool

Their stuff looks like high quality, but I can't understand the high wait times.
They have been busy enough and around long enough they should have some sufficient inventory.

If I'm looking for a holster and there's more than a 2 week wait, I'm passing.

Unless it's full custom there's no reason for it. Or a not common pistol
Nut up, hire more people or increase production facilities.

I bought a kydex holster from a small Veteran owner and operated place and I received it in about 6 days.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews