JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How is the Alien Gear ShapeShift series?

• Good

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Bad

• Ugly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other

• Total voters
I find them to be pretty good for the money. For me the IWB is verry comfortable. I have one for each of my primary carry guns a G43/G43x and a CZ PO1.

I share most of his opinions. Most convertible holsters that try to do everything, usually don't do anything particularly well. And AG stuff tends to be thicker/bulkier than other holsters.

The one time I might recommend a holster like this to someone, is if they have zero experience with CCW and CCW holsters. A convertible holster can let you try out a number of different positions to sort out which one you think would be best suited for you. But once that is done, then a purpose built holster will do the job much better. IMO.

As always, YMMV. This is just my opinion. And I'm just some guy on the interwebz.

Good luck!

The look too bulky for me. Maybe good for OWB, but AlienGear has a line of Level 2 and Level 3 OWB holsters that appear to be superior.

I suppose it would be good for transporting your loaded pistol and switching between OWB and an in car/underdesk/bedside mount.

I have one for my XDs 45acp and love it. The velcro pad that came with it is very heavy duty and has adhered to an inconspicuous place in my car for several years now with no signs of letting loose even under the weight of the XDs. I love the adjustable retention tension so I can tweak it so it is easy to draw but won't let go of the pistol when going over a big bump. I also bought the belt clip piece and it is too big and bulky to be practical for me. The ShapeShifter is by far the best I have found for hiding a gun in my car in an easy to get to place... and yes, I have a concealed carry permit so it is legal.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top