JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wrong.

What are you going to get ticketed for? What law are you breaking? What is the offense written on the ticket?

I OC frequently in WA and have in OR as well since I cant legally CC when I am there.

"unlawful use of a firearm". Read grommit327's link.

In WA there HAS to be an RCW that a person is being charged with or it is not legal.........

You would think that that would be the case. However, when your dealing with LE it seems that they choose a law close to what would fit then cite you for breaking it.

Read the other story that is at the bottom of the link that grommit327 posted. While I do believe that the individual was being somewhat difficult to the police I don't think that he should of been convicted and had to forfeit his gun.

The problem is what is 'brandishing' ? Who's defining it?
If it's the public and an anti gunner,then you just having it on your belt is brandishing. But I believe it means having the gun out and waving it around sort of thing. (does that sound like a legal definition?) And holding the grip as if to be ready to draw.
Now if you are OCin' and just being a jackalope,there again someone will call.That might not construe brandishing,but then the police have to decide on the spot and also decide if you are a danger to the public.And try to appease the folks who feel threatened.

Heck if I see someone open carrying and acting like an A$$ then I would call the cops too.

Heck if I see someone open carrying and acting like an A$$ then I would call the cops too.

I have to agree with you on this one. Too many times people let their second amendment right cloud their judgement. Unfortunally, it makes the rest of us look bad.

WA Democrat survey interesting for what it doesn’t (dare) ask

A survey mailed out this week by the Washington State Democratic Party asks most of the predictable questions about priorities – most notably getting Democrats re-elected next year – but it is significantly silent on one issue that Evergreen State gun owners can consider from two different perspectives.

<broken link removed>

I disagree. We have a TON of personal freedom.

Article 1 Section 7 of our State Constitution goes above and beyond our US Constitution

SECTION 7 INVASION OF PRIVATE AFFAIRS OR HOME PROHIBITED. No person shall be disturbed in his private affairs, or his home invaded, without authority of law.

I disagree. We have a TON of personal freedom.

Article 1 Section 7 of our State Constitution goes above and beyond our US Constitution

SECTION 7 INVASION OF PRIVATE AFFAIRS OR HOME PROHIBITED. No person shall be disturbed in his private affairs, or his home invaded, without authority of law.

???? What? That post did not make any sense to me. As for the state constitution excerpt cited, in my opinion it falls short of the US constitution - "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized"

The state constitution's restriction is "without authority of law" which seems rather broad a vague. I could easily see a case be made where a legislature could pass a law where a police is allowed to enter your house and search it, and that would satisfy the "without authority of law" stipulation.
US Constitution requires a warrant and places restrictions on how the warrant is to be obtained and further limits the scope of the search to only what and who is specifically included in the warrant.

Everyone should send an E-Mail an,letter or phone call to these people. Tell them how you feel. If we flood their email and phone lines then maybe they will get the picture! Also there needs to be a major increase in numbers of people who open carry.

WA Ceasefire:

PHONE: (206) 972-1952
EMAIL: [email protected]
MAIL: PO Box 20216 Seattle, WA 98102

Well someone please put out the reasons we need open carry,since I support it but don't see an advantage of it.
I do not want it to go away and I need the reasons it shouldn't. Other than the second amendment

Most people here are focusing on the defense aspects, but don't forget the 75% of the state terrain that isn't on the I5 corridor. Having a holstered .22 in day to day life allows a farmer, rancher, logger, lineman to pop an occasional stew rabbit as part of the day's activities. Maybe that's "harvesting" rather than "hunting", but it is still a valid reason to always carry for rural living. At one time some rabbits were open 365 days a year. It may not be true now.

For mjbskwim...

For me it has to do with 3 things. First of all it would be one more victory for anti gunners and more reason to continue on to a full scale ban. Also I like to be able to carry when I am in the woods to protect my family from predators. I agree with the practice of concealed carry under most circumstances however the option to open carry is very useful to me. I also don't think that banning open carry will drop gun violence rates. When was the last time you saw a thug in downtown where ever drawing that much attention.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top