JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I recently came into a pretty neat 22-250 and wanted to get it sighted in and shot. You know the feeling, new gun, cant wait. So I made a couple of dangerous trips out of the house, plague you know, and each place I went to pick up ammo had the folks lined up outside. It wasn't ammo I needed to survive, just ammo for fun. So I went home, jumped on line and ordered a couple of boxes. Well it arrived about 5 days later and I happened to be out front when the delivery guy showed up. He hops out and hands me my ammo and says, real casual like, a guy about 23 to 28 I'd guess, "Wow man are you a shooter? Thinking quickly on my feet I said I was getting them for my brothers birthday. As you know they put labels on ammo shipments so everyone along the delivery line knows what's inside. Due to the plague the folks running delivery services are overwhelmed and are hiring anyone with a drivers license that passes a drug screen. Like most folks on here I'm not too interested in people knowing what I have. Just the way this went down I thought the guy was fishing.

That reply was smart. I don't put gun stickers on my car or any gun-related signs in my yard. The thieves could wait until they see you leave for work and then break in. We have an alarm system so they'd likely be caught but I'd rather avoid that scenario altogether.

Most delivery drivers have struck me as idiots.
The ones that blurt out an assumption of what "they think" they're delivering as they hand it to me. :rolleyes:

One of them handed me a package, and made a comment about the contents.
I told him it was a 6-pack from Bad Dragon

Most of that is probably harmless. Anyway they don't have to ask, a lot of time they know from the package. I would just smile at them and say nothing - gets the point across to mind their own business without giving insult.

I doubt it matters anyway. Burglars want to avoid people at home, especially armed people. There is not a burglar database out there where information is traded. ;)

I was a UPS driver for 33 years. 22 of them on Chehalem Mtn in Hillsboro. Lots of ammo orders up there and never once mentioned about what might be inside a package. Not sayin it couldn't happen with the new drivers they are hiring now. You gotta respect people's privacy but unfortunately a lot of the younger generation hired in the UPS and FedEx systems, aren't taught that.

It would be a very short leap to the assumption that I own firearms when I regularly get Haz-met deliveries that weight 60 lbs. They know, they all know and that's alright with me.

Driver: "What's in here? Lead?"

Me, with a deliberately cold changed face: "Yup. Have good day."

Driver scampers back to truck & scoots away.

Always good for a few laughs...:D

Our mail carrier (One of the coolest, best dudes we've had over the years.) know's Montana Gold on the label, and 69 lbs means projectiles. But he's told me one of his worst over the years was the lady "Potter" who got shipments of clay! The guy that brings FEDX is a regular and sees the wife at her work regularly. Good, sharp guy and a firearms person too..

I was a UPS driver for 33 years. 22 of them on Chehalem Mtn in Hillsboro. Lots of ammo orders up there and never once mentioned about what might be inside a package. Not sayin it couldn't happen with the new drivers they are hiring now. You gotta respect people's privacy but unfortunately a lot of the younger generation hired in the UPS and FedEx systems, aren't taught that.

You probably delivered on my road then.

Generally the drivers drop stuff off either in or near my mailbox on the private road - I have a little a-frame over it - or they drop it on one of the porches. Almost never knock. Once I came home after dark and a Subaru was parked by my porch - he announced himself as an Amazon delivery driver and I thanked him. He seemed kind of nervous as I had parked in such a way that it might have blocked his exit.

I prefer they just leave a package at my mailbox if possible.

Yeah, I had to do a will call pick up on a 20" AR kit I ordered. The guy behind the counter was like, "Whacha building?" I was like, "...just a project."
Wasnt until I got home that I saw the small sticker on a side corner that said it was a 20" 223/5.56 kit. But that means he had to have looked it over pretty well to see that. The label was totally nondescript. Made me a bit uncomfortable.

Maybe he was just a fellow shooter looking for a friend?:s0092:
That'd 100% be me. I can talk firearms all day and I notice the smallest things when it comes to someone owning a firearm, parts, etc. Sadly I have to keep things dialed in and not mention stuff most of the time with clients.
We have had some single use clients that have walk in gun/panic rooms. Lots of folks around here have stuff like that, I always smile and just act oblivious but nod in amazement and appreciation.

Gotta say, it was not a UPS guy

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top