JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I know a lot of dumb gun enthusiast so im not sure why the term keeps getting thrown around. Being a gun enthusiast don't make you safer than the next guy. Your comment not intentional or just stupidity would still justify negligence. EVERYBODY knows if you point a firearm at a person their is potential for tragedy and if its in your hand you share fault. His behavior (stupid and unintentional ) was negligent and a person died because of it. Its your job to become knowledgeable if you chose to own or work with firearms.
So if an actor plays a surgeon in a movie he should become knowledgeable surgeon?
An actor is just someone that pretends to be a character of some type. That is why subject matter experts are hired to advise and guarantee safety protocols. While I believe Baldwin is liable as a producer the fault lies with several people.

Come on guys! Ya'll need to give some lovin' to the "Keith's Sucks" thread. She's slowing down over there.

Actors never control things on a set unless they are also the director. Producers control funding.
That is absolutely incorrect. "Actors never control things on set..." You've missed the point of all this: the actor 100% controls their person, their individual actions, regardless whether they are on a set or wherever. Only Alec Baldwin is responsible for what Alec Baldwin did.

That is absolutely incorrect. "Actors never control things on set..." You've missed the point of all this: the actor 100% controls their person, their individual actions, regardless whether they are on a set or wherever. Only Alec Baldwin is responsible for what Alec Baldwin did.
Alec Baldwin didn't load a handgun. He didn't direct himself where to point it. He didn't direct himself to manipulate the hammer. He did receive the information from a technical professional that the revolver was unloaded and noted that.

Insisting that this is not the normal actions of an actor on a film set is not accurate. Suggesting that new protocols be created is reasonable, but has nothing to do with something that already happened.

This strikes me as similar to holding a cop liable for a no-knock warrant going bad. It isn't the cop's fault that they are put in a situation they can't control and someone gets killed. It is the fault of the people that made the policy and assigned the warrant.

troll GIF

Alec Baldwin didn't load a handgun. He didn't direct himself where to point it. He didn't direct himself to manipulate the hammer. He did receive the information from a technical professional that the revolver was unloaded and noted that.

Insisting that this is not the normal actions of an actor on a film set is not accurate. Suggesting that new protocols be created is reasonable, but has nothing to do with something that already happened.

This strikes me as similar to holding a cop liable for a no-knock warrant going bad. It isn't the cop's fault that they are put in a situation they can't control and someone gets killed. It is the fault of the people that made the policy and assigned the warrant.
If a cop shoots someone during a no-knock, they are 100% liable for pulling the trigger. Not a good comparison.

If a cop shoots someone during a no-knock, they are 100% liable for pulling the trigger. Not a good comparison.
Police are never held criminally accountable for deaths in no-knock warrants. The only thing that happens is a civil suit against the jurisdiction. What are you talking about?

Police are never held criminally accountable for deaths in no-knock warrants. The only thing that happens is a civil suit against the jurisdiction. What are you talking about?
REALLY???
What about the two most recent murderer cops, both seemed accidental, and yet both cops are serving serious jail time for their actions that lead to the deaths of people they were sworn to serve and protect!

You are gasping your last here, grasping at straws! Your equivalents of cops and A.B. don't wash, A.B is flat out liable and guilty of murder, both as producer and actor! He made the judgement call at every step, and his actions, ignorance, and arrogance caused the chain of events that lead up to him holding a live firearm, BUT, He is solely and completely responsible for pulling that trigger and ending an innocent woman's life, and no amount of mental masturbation's or gymnastics will change that immutable fact, Alec Baldwin is guilty of Murder, and needs to suffer the fate he has brought upon hiself, that's serious jail time and stripped of his fortunes!

What about the two most recent murderer cops, both seemed accidental, and yet both cops are serving serious jail time for their actions that lead to the deaths of people they were sworn to serve and protect!
I know of no police in jail for no-knock warrant deaths. Briana Taylor and Amir Locke would be the two big, recent cases.

There is a case in the south where the police involved manufactured the justification for the warrant AND served it, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Are you talking about police cases that don't involve no-knock warrants?

I know of no police in jail for no-knock warrant deaths. Briana Taylor and Amir Locke would be the two big, recent cases.

There is a case in the south where the police involved manufactured the justification for the warrant AND served it, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Are you talking about police cases that don't involve no-knock warrants?
So your equivalence only applies to no-knock warrants?

Negligence by the Producers?

Producers of the film "Rust" knew that firearm safety procedures weren't being followed on the set and failed to intervene, leading to the fatal shooting of the film's cinematographer by star Alec Baldwin, according to a report released by New Mexico workplace inspectors.

New Mexico's Occupational Health and Safety Bureau said Wednesday it was imposing a civil penalty of nearly $137,000 on Rust Movie Productions LLC, the maximum fine allowed under state law, in connection with the Oct. 21 shooting. During preparations for a scene, Mr. Baldwin discharged a live round from a revolver, killing Halyna Hutchins, the 42-year-old cinematographer. The film's director, Joel Souza, was also wounded.

The human with the gun in their hand is the last line of defense to ensure firearm safety. Period.

So your equivalence only applies to no-knock warrants?
Yes. That was the example I used.

If you want to make your own analogy, you're welcome to. But I was drawing a narrow comparison about putting people in bad situations due to the incompetence of others.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads