Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Alabama Student Cited for Empty Holster

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dyjital, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Hope he sues them and makes a pretty penny for violating his rights.

Id emplore him to use the right of self expression excuse. No weapon was on him, just something that could hold it, heck it could hold many things aside from a firearm. I would have played dumb and messed with those idiots.

That'll shut these idiot bigot anti gun Rtards up. :D

Caveman Jim and Dyjital like this.
  3. Jerry

Jerry Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Moving to montana soon, gonna be a dental floss tycoon.
    Hope to get out this sh...t real soon

4. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

Good thing he wasn't using a old military ruck as book bag , might have been charged with terrorism.
    A empty holster? Good Grief!!!!!
    If someone on campus was worried , why couldn't they just ask the student and then suggest that in today's world wearing a empty holster out and about , might not be the best idea...?
    No need for law enforcement to be involved or for anyone to cited.
    Andy

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Dbag campus mall cops with meaningless lives need to find some small way to add value to their pathetic existence. People like this need to go on the list for when it all falls apart.

6. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

LOL!

7. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Campus police. Say no more.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  8. Dyjital

It's because he was white, male and probably a heterosexual.

Had he been anything else it would have been accepted as a protest. Actually he could have burned down a town in protest and escaped with no punishment.

Caveman Jim and Jamie6.5 like this.
  9. evltwn

evltwn Gold Hill Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The cite was recinded. No story here.

10. MightyCasey

MightyCasey Snohomish Active Member

If it were me I would have chosen the politically correct method. I would have informed the campus police that I was trans-gendered and that the holster was my tampon case, been polite and smiled then asked where the women's restroom was as I needed to use the bathroom!

Dyjital likes this.
  11. Dyjital

Sort of, but when a knee jerk reaction to a non issue happens.... We must be alert and knowing the tactics of those out to turn a right into a privilege.

12. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

Yup, had he been a tri-sexual double-transgender blind dwarf ethnic minority amputee with Tourette's he may well have gotten clean away with it.

Me, I'd like to try it with a Smith & Wesson revolver box, and see what happens next.

Every day of my life I carry around with me the most dangerous weapon known to man, safely located between my ears. It is called my reasoning brain, and no other weapon on earth can match it for deviousness and Machiavellian machinations.

Just think - the campus cops, devoid of any reasoning in their actions, actually carry lethal firearms...who would YOU trust?

tac

13. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

Expect more harassment of this type as "Students for Concealed Carry" are going to keep doing this. A similar situation happened at the University of Wyoming http://www.laramieboomerang.com/news/article_904ec5ff-49d8-5e87-8e8d-5f141b5997db.html

In the comments section, a guy claiming to be the person who was arrested states he will keep wearing his holster as a form of protest.

I support these people and applaud their conviction.

Ray

albin25 and Dyjital like this.
  14. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'm sorry but this is wrong. How many times have cops arrested people to force compliance with ... with ... what ever the cop wants at that time? Knowing no prosecutor would ever sign on. Many times leading to the innocent person loosing a job, or missing an important event.

There is a story. And a fight.

" SOMEONE SHOULD BE FIRED OVER THIS. OR AT LEAST DEMOTED:

University of South Alabama admits citing student for empty holster was a mistake. But this isn’t bad, really: “DJ Parten, the student who received the citation, was also contacted [by] the chief of campus police, who invited him to come to the station for a personal apology from the officers involved in the incident.”

-- Glenn Reynolds http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/231675/

Slobray and Dyjital like this.
  15. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

The campus cops didn't get fired or demoted, but at least one of them got an unpaid vacation for his actions.
    http://wkrg.com/2016/04/16/usa-officer-suspended-for-ticketing-student-with-empty-holster/
    It's a start.

Ray

Dyjital and RicInOR like this.