JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the judge has required similar apologies from mouthy red neck offenders, and the cop has issued a preponderance of citations to Caucasian +3mph offenders, then I will admit to jumping to conclusions. Expect the "justice department" to announce a civil rights investigation to determine if this is true, otherwise it sure appears on the surface to potentially racially motivated. From what I read, this is what the defense is saying.
I don't give a crap what you admit to. You made an unfounded accusation. The cop and the judge were both colossal aholes but there is zero indication that either of them said, did or intended anything racist. You're just making stuff up out of thin air.

I don't give a crap what you admit to. You made an unfounded accusation. The cop and the judge were both colossal aholes but there is zero indication that either of them said, did or intended anything racist. You're just making stuff up out of thin air.
It looks bad, to me. You are entitled to your opinion. I mean, Alabama has almost no history of racial issues, right? :rolleyes:

It looks bad, to me. You are entitled to your opinion. I mean, Alabama has almost no history of racial issues, right? :rolleyes:
Would this white cop have killed a white man with a gun?

I'm still not hearing a shred of evidence. I get it if you feel like there is, but there isn't. Some evidence might even show up later, but it hasn't yet. It's OK. You don't have to be objective, or even rational, really.

I lived in Texas in the 80's for a few years. That sounds exactly like the cops and Judges in Texas I was familiar with! Scum like Judge Nicholas Bull make me sick! Crap like him is why I couldn't get out of Texas fast enough!

The motorist has my respect for standing up for himself! Now this just needs to be blasted all over the National news!

View attachment 1885640
Naming them is good....
Judge Kirk Tabby, in Michigan, is a scumbag, POS, crooked jurist.

Joe

I have the utmost respect for law enforcement. But I'm pretty sure I would have said a whole lot more than what this man said, if a cop wrote me up for 3 mph over. Are you Eff'ing kidding me? That is just abusive.
It has been a very long time for me but it is my understanding that convention is you generally get stopped for 10-15 over and then that actual number is often reduced when written up. In a school zone 7 over might get you stopped and then written up for 3 over as was perhaps in this instance.

It has been a very long time for me but it is my understanding that convention is you generally get stopped for 10-15 over and then that actual number is often reduced when written up. In a school zone 7 over might get you stopped and then written up for 3 over as was perhaps in this instance.
I hope you are right, and that would be sad that the officer tried to give him a break at 3 over, and the offender trying to spin it. The judge is still WAY out of line threatening jail time for using offensive language toward the officer, if the citizen refuses to apologize.

I hope you are right, and that would be sad that the officer tried to give him a break at 3 over, and the offender trying to spin it. The judge is still WAY out of line threatening jail time for using offensive language toward the officer, if the citizen refuses to apologize.
There is a wide operating medium between You Work For Me and I Am the Law. The overwhelming majority of us, on both sides, hit that spot just by being ourselves. Someone in this case didn't.

During traffic stops I was always respectful and often took some verbal abuse mainly because I knew some didn't react well to being pulled over. Normally a verbal warning to pay attention or watch your speed was all that was needed.

That said some folks need a ticket to better enforce the message and I tried to be sensitive to that.

Regardless that Judge has no right to compel Mr. Burks speech.

During traffic stops I was always respectful and often took some verbal abuse mainly because I knew some didn't react well to being pulled over. Normally a verbal warning to pay attention or watch your speed was all that was needed.

That said some folks need a ticket to better enforce the message and I tried to be sensitive to that.

Regardless that Judge has no right to compel Mr. Burks speech.
Only time I ever say, 'Sir'--You hafta be a cop or forget it

I usually get a warning, last time I was pulled over for going 88 on a 65mph freeway I got the coveted 'written warning'--Always wanted one as it comes with zero points on my license and is suitable for framing!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top