JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks guys. That is what i thought. But my concern was how do i support it in the vice? Or if i use a hammer and a punch, how do i not damage the trunnion on the other side?

Thanks again.

You will never get the pin out using a hammer and a punch. It takes a few ton of preasure to get the pin to have the first pop. Then you might be able to get it out with a hammer and punch. If you beat on it with a hammer and punch before you get that pop you will swell one end of the pin and you have to drill it out. I doubt very seriously that you can get a few ton of preasure with a bench vise.

probably never get the barrel out of the trunion with a drift and a piece of copper in the chamber?

it helps to have a table that weighs four hundred pounds but isnt a deal breaker.

hammer and punch.drill a hole into a block of 2x4 for the pin to pass through and lay the barrel pin over the hole and whack the pin with the punch.use a short stubby punch that is slightly smaller than the pin.this keeps the punch from breaking.try taping the barrel/receiver stub to the wood to keep it in place,gives ya the extra hand.soak it with some break free etc a night or two before the BFH.

hammer and punch.drill a hole into a block of 2x4 for the pin to pass through and lay the barrel pin over the hole and whack the pin with the punch.use a short stubby punch that is slightly smaller than the pin.this keeps the punch from breaking.try taping the barrel/receiver stub to the wood to keep it in place,gives ya the extra hand.soak it with some break free etc a night or two before the BFH.

A hammer does not have enough pounds of preasure to get the pin out. You will only ef up the pin if you start beating on it. I have tried what you are saying and just what I said happened. The pin swelled and it had to be drilled out. The best way is to use a press. If you don't have one, find somebody that will let you use one in there shop.....

you dont need a press to get the trunion pin out. two by fours are not the answer and bounce back.

a bigass piece of RR Tie or Vice or plate steel table works well with a short handle two pounder.

hammer does not have enough pounds of preasure to get the pin out
Ah horse pucky,I used nothing but a BFH and 2x4's to take my barrel pins and all other pins I needed to pound out.I have built one or two in my time.Might not work for you guys but it did work for me.I have a 12 ton press and have only used it on the barrel,in and out.

Ah horse pucky,I used nothing but a BFH and 2x4's to take my barrel pins and all other pins I needed to pound out.I have built one or two in my time.Might not work for you guys but it did work for me.I have a 12 ton press and have only used it on the barrel,in and out.

Yippie.......good for you.....:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top