JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So some friends and I are purchasing a few AK receivers and we have absolutely no idea what were getting our self's into. Were gonna need A LOT of help. What tools do we NEED or dont need, parts, laws etc... I know some of you have built your own so please help. I will be PMing with a ton of questions. Anybody willing to let us watch your build? One friend says "...a child could build these things" but Im not so sure. Ive owned an AK but never thought to build one, built my AR but didnt have to press my own receiver. Like I said, a ton of questions and need help.... Thanks

Thanks, Ill checkout akfiles, I love to read. Hillsboro area or within 15-20 miles. Im in the coast range but work in WashCo...

So some friends and I are purchasing a few AK receivers and we have absolutely no idea what were getting our self's into. Were gonna need A LOT of help. What tools do we NEED or dont need, parts, laws etc... I know some of you have built your own so please help. I will be PMing with a ton of questions. Anybody willing to let us watch your build? One friend says "...a child could build these things" but Im not so sure. Ive owned an AK but never thought to build one, built my AR but didnt have to press my own receiver. Like I said, a ton of questions and need help.... Thanks

I would like to be included in an AK build

I will be happy to answer any question you might have. I have built 12 AK's. Underfolder, sidefolder, fixed stock and even an RPK. Tooling is the key. If you have the correct tooling it is pretty easy. There is a tool for every job and the job is easy with the right tool..................Are you going to press your own receivers from a flat or purchase a receiver all ready made and numbered? If you are going to press your own, you will need a 12 ton hydraulic press and tooling from AKbuilder.com. Or find somebody that already has all the tooling like me. You will need the press to install the barrel into the trunion also.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top