Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AK build

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by BDA.45, Jan 21, 2013.

1. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

So some friends and I are purchasing a few AK receivers and we have absolutely no idea what were getting our self's into. Were gonna need A LOT of help. What tools do we NEED or dont need, parts, laws etc... I know some of you have built your own so please help. I will be PMing with a ton of questions. Anybody willing to let us watch your build? One friend says "...a child could build these things" but Im not so sure. Ive owned an AK but never thought to build one, built my AR but didnt have to press my own receiver. Like I said, a ton of questions and need help.... Thanks

2. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

go to akfiles.com and get ready to read.

also what part of oregon as some one might be close to show you how?

3. BDA.45

BDA.45 oregon Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Thanks, Ill checkout akfiles, I love to read. Hillsboro area or within 15-20 miles. Im in the coast range but work in WashCo...

4. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

a few of the guys are in PDX so i am sure you can get the help you all wil need
    over ther i am bubbazan68 ;)

5. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Spot welder, rivet setting jig, bow-staff skills, computer skills, nun-chuck skills...

TacticalDragQueen likes this.
  6. Jimmy Dean

Jimmy Dean Stayton, Oregon New Member

I would like to be included in an AK build

7. HarryHaller

HarryHaller Kalama, WA Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

I'd be down for an AK build party, I've got a kit already that's been gathering dust.

8. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

You might like this guy's channel.

Advanced Level AK 47 Build Part 1:

9. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I will be happy to answer any question you might have. I have built 12 AK's. Underfolder, sidefolder, fixed stock and even an RPK. Tooling is the key. If you have the correct tooling it is pretty easy. There is a tool for every job and the job is easy with the right tool..................Are you going to press your own receivers from a flat or purchase a receiver all ready made and numbered? If you are going to press your own, you will need a 12 ton hydraulic press and tooling from AKbuilder.com. Or find somebody that already has all the tooling like me. You will need the press to install the barrel into the trunion also.