JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if that $400 price tag includes the tax stamp?:s0114:

Now--if we could get the Hughes ammendment to FOPA '86 repealed,
$400 would be about right for a real AK.

If that happened they'd be even cheaper than 400, they made about 37 million mosins, and 75 million AKs are in circulation. Man that would be cool:D

Phoenix is a small town just south of Medford about 15-20 miles.

Two miles, and Phoenix doesn't have its own paper. When you drive from Medford to Phoenix on hwy 99, you can't tell when one town becomes the other if you miss the sign.

That nut writes to the editor a lot. He's always crazy imho.

Phoe2copy.jpg

Saw that today - blogged it...

<broken link removed>

Most of the comments here are spot on... AK wasn't used in Korea - PPSh was to a limited extent... I honestly can't find one thing in that whole tirade of tripe that's accurate...

I was going to ask that. The AK was around during the Korean war.. but I doubt they had really left the Soviet Union at that point.

MarkSBG... so is mine... not even a animal.... darn anyone want to buy my for $400? The guy who wrote this have not respect from me.... a greedy @#$#, he may have own thousand of AKs now he want them to stop importing to the US so he can make money by selling all his AKs

Man, I would have turned red from anger after reading that article.
The AK 47 is my favorite weapon.

No, I do not hunt with it, but I am a collector. Some firearms I've bought and have never fired. I actually have a friend who isn't much into guns and had thought that ALL semi auto rifles (The evil looking ones) were full auto all together.

I believe we should teach kids from an early age (The parents duty, not our schools) that firearms are TOOLS not just weapons to shoot one another with. I've been in the NRA since I was about 12 (I was Junior Member). I've been taught that pistols and rifles are just like cutting knives, axes or even cars. All are dangerous, but if used with caution and care they are not just a means of killing but rather a tool.

It seems that firearms are put on this evil pedestal. People don't know that many firearm owners ONLY SHOOT THE PAPER TIGER and nothing else. I find that target shooting shooting is just like basketball. You're shooting into a hoop, I'm trying to get those 1-2inch groups 200-300 yards away.

Heck, if they're going to start banning certain guns whats to stop them from banning pointed knives..yes even butter knives.
(Britain's Medical Journal has suggested that as a means to stop knife related crimes..)

oh ye of little faith has he forgotten that the second ammendment was not about hunting its all about keeping the elected officials in line !!!!!

I've been a bolt and 22 guy all my life. But just a few days ago I bought an assault weapon. I took it to the woods yesterday and shot it. It is an amazing weapon, accurate, fast, and deadly even though it is a relic. I bought this weapon for WITSHTF knowing it is a person killer. But even though this is a toy, by the standards of modern war weapons, I wish these didn't exist and I wish I didn't have to have this sort of firepower to protect myself and my family. For one thing it shows the futility of being able to defend outselves anyway, because not many of us are going to make it if everyone is walking around in packs armed with these things.

With this simple gun, a nut could go and shoot 20 - 30 people dead in a less than half a minute and then reload. I understand the authors concern, firsthand, and we shouldn't make little of the fact that we have deadly weapons really made for nothing but killing each other. This being said, even though they may not have been made for it, they are also fun, way fun, crazy fun, and if we can avoid killing each other, no harm done. but this is not a responsibility to be taken lightly, it is a little like getting superpowers. They go away when it goes back in the case, but......

I've been a bolt and 22 guy all my life. But just a few days ago I bought an assault weapon. I took it to the woods yesterday and shot it. It is an amazing weapon, accurate, fast, and deadly even though it is a relic. I bought this weapon for WITSHTF knowing it is a person killer. But even though this is a toy, by the standards of modern war weapons, I wish these didn't exist and I wish I didn't have to have this sort of firepower to protect myself and my family. For one thing it shows the futility of being able to defend outselves anyway, because not many of us are going to make it if everyone is walking around in packs armed with these things.

With this simple gun, a nut could go and shoot 20 - 30 people dead in a less than half a minute and then reload. I understand the authors concern, firsthand, and we shouldn't make little of the fact that we have deadly weapons really made for nothing but killing each other. This being said, even though they may not have been made for it, they are also fun, way fun, crazy fun, and if we can avoid killing each other, no harm done. but this is not a responsibility to be taken lightly, it is a little like getting superpowers. They go away when it goes back in the case, but......

Now, maybe I'm wrong, but, I don't believe that any gun is capable of hurting anybody. There are NO killer guns, only killers. And, as long as the authorities continue to put this scum back on the streets, we're going to see killers using guns.

I know what you mean. I would be happy honing my skills to be proficient with a sword.

As much as I love them, I wish guns didn't exist. But that's a pretty futile argument in my opinion, because they do, and they aren't going away. So I'd rather be armed to the teeth.

When I first bought my AK-47.. It was really out of what I felt would be a need in the future to have one.

Things didn't quite turn out how I thought they would, but we're still moving along that track towards a meltdown of society.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top