JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It might even be the editor; William Randolph Hearst practically invented the concept of editors faking letters to popularize or attack a given point of view or person.

At any rate, whoever wrote that letter is a complete tool.

I wouldn't say he invented it... larger papers have been doing that for years... and newspapers and the big three networks wonder why people don't trust the media like they used to...

The larger point that might well be missed (or at least missing) here is that a lot of folks out there, including some Vets, have a different view of weapons of all sorts that many of us do. A number of opportunities then present themselves as to how we might choose to deal with that fundamental fact. We can sit on the sidelines and throw stones at them, I suppose. We can stick our heads in our forums and ignore them. We can pretend that they don't exist and do nothing. We can blame the collective media. Or we can try to educate them -- the disbelievers and the media alike -- and engage them in some sort of meaningful dialogue, in the hope that somewhere along the line, they might catch on to a changing world environment.

A well-executed and delivered letter to the Medford newspaper would be a better and more appropriate response, perhaps? Or should we just howl at the moon?

The larger point that might well be missed (or at least missing) here is that a lot of folks out there, including some Vets, have a different view of weapons of all sorts that many of us do. A number of opportunities then present themselves as to how we might choose to deal with that fundamental fact. We can sit on the sidelines and throw stones at them, I suppose. We can stick our heads in our forums and ignore them. We can pretend that they don't exist and do nothing. We can blame the collective media. Or we can try to educate them -- the disbelievers and the media alike -- and engage them in some sort of meaningful dialogue, in the hope that somewhere along the line, they might catch on to a changing world environment.

A well-executed and delivered letter to the Medford newspaper would be a better and more appropriate response, perhaps? Or should we just howl at the moon?

Go for it.............Although I'm doubtful it'll even get printed...

:s0114: Yup!

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/06/15/stab%20proof knife.jpg

stab%20proof%20knife.jpg

After global warming (taxes) have been rammed down our throat the next thing will be a mandate for a world without sharp edges or 90 degree bends.

I wrote one - and I know several others did as well - see other thread...

Gentlemen Respectfully, are you talking about real AK-47's or AKM's or are you talking about semi-auto rifles that a pistol grip, removable magazines, bayonet lugs and maybe a muzzle break? If the second, I respectfully suggest that you are falling into the trap of the anti-gunners scare tactics for the sheeple by calling the rifle something it IS NOT. You conjure up Vietnam, Bank Shootouts with the true automatic fire AK-47 which you can't legally own without federal taxes and background checks and such. This IMHO is self defeating and doesn't help sway anyone to my right to own a WASR. Just a thought.
rhtwist

re: Gentlemen Respectfully, are you talking about real AK-47's or AKM's or are you talking about semi-auto rifles that a pistol grip, removable magazines, bayonet lugs and maybe a muzzle break? If the second, I respectfully suggest that you are falling into the trap of the anti-gunners scare tactics for the sheeple by calling the rifle something it IS NOT. You conjure up Vietnam, Bank Shootouts with the true automatic fire AK-47 which you can't legally own without federal taxes and background checks and such. This IMHO is self defeating and doesn't help sway anyone to my right to own a WASR. Just a thought.
rhtwist
thanks for the bringing this out we need to stay focused on the fine points of this argument when we talk to anti gunners , as in i don't own assault weapons i have semi auto weapons lets get this down so we don't fall into this trap anymore !!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top