JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
ive seen a re fueling event fly right over top of me when i was in the north fork john day wilderness deer hunting. pretty surreal being so secluded yet having millions of dollars of equipment flying above my head.

awesome experience.

99588D6C-5414-47EE-B6E0-F5190D06B6D7.jpeg

This is a every day thing if they want to train over Portland or over Bend Oregon it is what it is

The F-15's out of Portland have been extremely busy, night and day. And the fighters from the West Coast at other Air Bases I'm sure are doing the same thing. If they're practicing to fly to Korea, they very well could be passing thru the Northwest, and there's nothing to say they aren't needing a refill at this point, metropolis area or not.

National Guard used to train refueling helo's right over Silverton on their way up or down the valley. I loved it wasted more film taking photos of it. Then a bunch of snowflakes got all whinny about it and they changed to some other route. And I lost a great reason to drop what I was doing and run out in the driveway.

SO, this IS the new Boeing NextGen Refueling plane, I have seen it up close and personal, it was here in Salem 3 days ago shooting touch and goes and was seen out along HY 22 doing mid airs with the Rescue Helios based here! There was also a pair of Chinooks yesterday doing the same thing! Didn't see if they were "hooking up" but practicing getting into the transfer position and seeing what sort of turbulence the new bird makes at very low air speeds! Remember, K-Falls is also an active fighter base and has refueling ops from time to time! AND, remember, these two Fighter bases ( PDX, Yankey Starbase #1) are THE west coast fighter interceptor squadrons, so that requires a lot of refueling assets be close by and available 24/7, and these guys are the best in the world at this mission!:):):)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top