JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, as of today I've been pending 149 days for an AAC 762SDN6.
About an hour ago, I got a call from the FFL holding the can telling me he got a letter from the DOJ that my trust & the form 4 wasn't filled out correctly.
...and everything that they listed, were all things I had concerns with (except 1), and was told that "I didn't know what I was talking about, and he'd done this a million times".

The issues:
For the form 4, in (2a) not only was the name of my trust listed, my name was listed as well (why is my name there if the trust owns it??). In (2a), my zip code was listed as XXXXX, not XXXXX-XXXX (this one surprised me).
For the trust, I was not listed as the trustee, only as the settlor (aren't i supposed to be both??), and there was no Schedule B listing the beneficiaries (if the trust refers to a schedule b, why isn't there one??).
As far as I know this was it, but there may be more as I haven't seen the letter yet and this was all said over the phone.

I questioned everything but the zip code error when we filled it all out, and about a month ago I really started thinking about it and I contacted coctailer about what trust he uses since I want to get my next can through him, and not the FFL I'm using right now. After speaking with coctailer, I ended up going with a slightly 'improved' version of the one provided in this sub-forum (turns out the one my FFL used was an old version of the same one), filled it out CORRECTLY as an amended version of the first, completed schedules a & b, got a witness, got it notarized, and put it away in the safe fearing this day would come. And it has.

So I've heard of the ATF kicking back trusts for the same reasons, and you amend it, send it back, and several weeks later you get your stamp. BUT I've never heard of the ATF kicking back the form 4 as well. My question to you all, is have you heard of the form 4 being filled out incorrectly, AND does this result in the process starting ALL OVER AGAIN? Like, am I going back to the bottom of the pile?? D:

UGHHHHH

I had a form 4 that got "lost" yet it was approved and they had cashed my check they called me to tell me I never sent paperwork I said:confused: well how did it get approved, they just said to resend my paperwork and it was not their fauLt. That's the ATF for ya.

as a followup to those that read this in the future, this is what happened after I posted this:
5/21- Mailed corrected Form 4 & Trust to BATFE
5/23- Received by BATFE (based on shipping speed used)
6/5- Tax Stamp received, possession taken
I'm a happy camper now :)

That's some funny stuff!! Truth is that even with a great imagination you cant imagine what you have till you put it all together. I put my brand new carbine length Palmetto 300 Blackout on my Spikes Punnisher lower. I have an AAC 762SDN6 can pending approval so I put my 15 year old SSK 300 Whisper can on it to temporarily satiate my addiction. The whole thing together was longer than a Kentucky musket!! That can looked like a bowling ball on the end of a pool cue! The AAC can will be a lot shorter 6" opposed to 10" on the SSK can but I decided to fork over the 200 smackers to please the NFA fashion police. Besides our commander and chief will be needing some moving expenses

As others have said - its stressful as **** when it happens, but not a huge deal, and fairly common. The good news is after you send the correction, you should have your clearance in a week or two

Same thing happened to me on my first SBR, and luckily for me it had happened to a buddy of mine 6 months before I got my letter so I didn't stick to the ceiling when it came in....

Yep, I got a correction letter before. White out and filled it in the way they wanted and the stamp came back within a week.

Funny thing was, it was the same trust and wording that I used for 5 previous NFA transfers, and on the 6th time an examiner had an issue with the wording. Settler, Trustee, Blah blah blah revocable living trust.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top