National Again, no - to Costco/Citibank Visa

Discussion in 'Firearm Legislation & Activism' started by The Heretic, Feb 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. The Heretic

The Heretic
    Orygun (near PDX)

Got an email from Costco asking me to accept an offer on their Citibank Visa.

I canceled my card last year when Citibank decided they wanted to get involved in anti-gun activism.

My reply to Costco was simple:

No.

Because:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/business/citigroup-gun-control-policy.html

If Costco decides to go with a Visa provider that doesn't seek to infringe on my rights, then I will reconsider. Until then, I will use a different credit or debit card when making purchases at Costco.

arakboss, Slobray, ATCclears and 12 others like this.
  2. Eveskcige28

Eveskcige28
    Rochester wa

If every gun owner cancelled their Costco credit card because of this... they would consider other options reeeaaal quick!

3. The Heretic

The Heretic
    Orygun (near PDX)

i let citibank know but didn't say anything to costco - they knew i cancelled but not why - now that they asked, they know why, but i doubt it will make a difference to them

4. Eveskcige28

Eveskcige28
    Rochester wa

Yeah.. it's hard to feel good about doing something because nobody else seems to care our rights are slowly but surely being taken asay.

Caveman Jim and partsed like this.
  5. SUPER X

SUPER X
    UTOPIAN PARIDISE

I canceled mine also .Costco does on occasion see ammo boxes safes ECT. . Costco has good stuff. but I've been buying other places when I can do to the hypocrisy .

6. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim
    Fish killer....
    Kokanee Slayer 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

We let our Costco card lapse in 2005 and have not renewed and never will again.

usausausa and Slobray like this.