JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked this book up, a quick scan shows that it would be a natural for us and generally looks like good advice (to me). BTW, they say gold is a buy right now, I personally disagree on that (but it is worth considering, no one really knows where it's heading) and would suggest you all google "Jim Rogers", the famed investor who has been making correct calls for years and equally consider his views on investing in other commodities, but not gold.

Good luck!

oh, these guys put out a book in 2006 which called the debacle in 2008. They are not "gloom and doom" prophets like harry Browne who predict collapse every year incorrectly. They are investors who believe that the US, long term, is going to be an amazing place to live, but that we have a speed bump coming up. Their first main point is get out of the stock market now. It may go up from here, but they point out that it was either Merrill or lynch (I forget which) also got out of stocks too early, in 1928, only to watch all his compadres make a "fortune" as the market went skyrocketing up....till it finally did crash. Then he was sitting pretty. Same thing here, you can't time it, so take steps now.

Out of curiosity, and because you mentioned it......If you are willing......why are you not bullish on gold? I'm not disagreeing with you, necessarily. But with all currencies being debased, the argument for gold seems to be pretty strong. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter.

I think gold will rise, but I think it will fall first then skyrocket.

Either way, it is of no consequence to me since gold is WAY out of my price range.

so I buy food, silver and ammo....after that and staying debt free there is nothing left at the end of the month....

As for getting out of the stock market, I agree. I stopped contributing to my 401-K about 9 months ago, and cashed out 50% of my retirement as a loan (the maximum allowed without huge penalties). 50% of my retirement still sits invested, but I moved it to money market accounts instead of traditional stocks and mutual funds....that should be "somewhat" safer....but if the whole system crashes my "safe" money markets will be nothing but a funny joke....oh well....at least I got half of it out and put it into tangibles....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top