JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I recently acquired a S&W Model 29 "Classic". I really couldn't be more please with said. The factory sights are good, though, I believe there are better target sights available. That and my aging eyes aren't getting younger.

On that score: anyone care to recommend good, adjustable, high-visibility sights for the venerable Model 29?

Thanks much!

Last Edited:
The OEM S&W sights are pretty good really. Im thinking that you might find it easier to just add a Red Dot sight.
There are many different mounts available, & if your 29 is late production, it might be drilled & tapped for a rail....

The OEM S&W sights are pretty good really. Im thinking that you might find it easier to just add a Red Dot sight.
There are many different mounts available, & if your 29 is late production, it might be drilled & tapped for a rail....

^ this^ changing from one set of irons to another in this instance would net you only marginal gains, a good red dot - say Holosun 407 or 507, would make life easier and possibly more fun....

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top