JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I recently acquired a S&W Model 29 "Classic". I really couldn't be more please with said. The factory sights are good, though, I believe there are better target sights available. That and my aging eyes aren't getting younger.

On that score: anyone care to recommend good, adjustable, high-visibility sights for the venerable Model 29?

Thanks much!

Last Edited:
The OEM S&W sights are pretty good really. Im thinking that you might find it easier to just add a Red Dot sight.
There are many different mounts available, & if your 29 is late production, it might be drilled & tapped for a rail....

The OEM S&W sights are pretty good really. Im thinking that you might find it easier to just add a Red Dot sight.
There are many different mounts available, & if your 29 is late production, it might be drilled & tapped for a rail....

^ this^ changing from one set of irons to another in this instance would net you only marginal gains, a good red dot - say Holosun 407 or 507, would make life easier and possibly more fun....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top