JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Little update. I purchased the CYA holster on Amazon. I never carried IWB before and I'm adapting. With the mag extension I'm at 10X1. My XD was 5X1. Loving it so far.

BDCCBC77-8664-4BED-A91C-0BCF3C43BC07.jpeg

So, why did you agonize over this for a year? The deciding factors were?????

I was constantly flip flopping between the Glock 43 and Shield. I've read all the reviews, and seen all the YouTube videos on these two. I generally get what I want regardless of price but this time I jumped on it when they went on sale for $270.

My master plan was to scale down and only have 1 pistol caliber. But I started years ago with a Colt 1911, than a Sig 229 and XDS. So now I have to buy and reload for .45, .40 and 9mm. .45 and .40 are great but I can carry way more 9mm. I'll end up selling the Colt and XD. I'll keep the Sig as I just put a sweet .22 conversion kit on it.

The goal is to shoot 9mm, 5.56 and 7.62. I reload so this will simplify my life.

I was constantly flip flopping between the Glock 43 and Shield. I've read all the reviews, and seen all the YouTube videos on these two. I generally get what I want regardless of price but this time I jumped on it when they went on sale for $270.

My master plan was to scale down and only have 1 pistol caliber. But I started years ago with a Colt 1911, than a Sig 229 and XDS. So now I have to buy and reload for .45, .40 and 9mm. .45 and .40 are great but I can carry way more 9mm. I'll end up selling the Colt and XD. I'll keep the Sig as I just put a sweet .22 conversion kit on it.

The goal is to shoot 9mm, 5.56 and 7.62. I reload so this will simplify my life.

I am sure you remember the last White House there was a scarcity of ammo. I often looked for 9mm but 40 was available. I purchased two 40s. I know what you are thinking with economy but have diverse chamber might mean that you will always have an opportunity to buy some form of factory ammo. And, I would add a note from my WW II uncle. "Always have a gun in a round that is the same as government". The previous White House years lots of police departments were carrying 40s. Just something to think about.

I am sure you remember the last White House there was a scarcity of ammo. I often looked for 9mm but 40 was available. I purchased two 40s. I know what you are thinking with economy but have diverse chamber might mean that you will always have an opportunity to buy some form of factory ammo. And, I would add a note from my WW II uncle. "Always have a gun in a round that is the same as government". The previous White House years lots of police departments were carrying 40s. Just something to think about.

That's a good point. During that time I didn't have a 9mm so I never noticed the shortage. I was shooting my Sig 229 at that time and .40 was avalible.

I just picked up a shield performance center in 9mm as a belated Christmas present to myself. I went back and forth for ages between a 43 and a shield. But I'm glad I settled for the shield, I'm really liking it.

I like all guns. That being said I wouldn't be in the market for a .40. Or a .300BLK. I do own 1 .380 and a 1911 in .45ACP. Because let's face it, we ALL need a .45!
I bought the Performance Center Shield in 45 cal last summer. Its ported so the recoil is not too bad especially for a small short barreled pistol. I use a Muddy Water holster that is soft leather (IWB) that i can also use for my G19. Very comfortable against the skin in T-short weather.

So, why did you agonize over this for a year? The deciding factors were?????

Got both our shields around $295.00 with Nightsights on mine, and no Kommiforniai options
hers has those I prefer no safeties.
We bought them both about 3 years apart and each time paid the same. No issues on either got mine in 2017 Black Friday special. Both 9mm

Funny, I'm seriously considering going from my Shield to a G26. What can I say, I like Glocks!

You definitely get a few extra rounds with a G26, that and the new Shield 2.0 is pretty close in price.
Only thing I disliked was 8+1 in the Shield. And so far no real extended options.

Yeah, I like the idea of the extra capacity. I also like Glock's "safety" features more. I appendix carry, with the barrel pointed right at my junk. I've been carrying my Shield this way with no issues of course but I just trust my Glocks more I guess.

The G26 always felt odd in my hand, still I've never shot one and would some day like to try one out. They are a nice compact double stack.

The grip is short for sure, but I carry my shield without the extended mag because otherwise I print.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top