JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After going back and forth between the Shield and Glock 43 I settled on the Shield in 9mm. Even many Glock fan boys preferred the Shield. I just picked it up at Coastal for $275. I got the one w/o the safety. It's the gen 1. I haven't shot it yet. Let the journey began.

Last Edited:
From what I've read you cannot convert a 9mm to .40. There is a small enough difference in the 9mm slide that prevents a barrel swap from working. That said, there may be a manufacturer that makes a special conversion barrel. I did some research when I bought my Shield, but it's been long enough that I don't recall all the details. Mrgunsngear did a video on this topic, I believe.

Edit: Here's the link. GO: .40 -> 9mm NOGO: 9mm -> .40

Last Edited:
I prefer the safety in such a gun, but otherwise I think this is the best gun in this class.

The safety on the shield is too small to trust. I know they were going for thin, but its too small, too narrow to reliably hit under minimal stress. The safety on the double stack guns is about perfect, they could shorten and thin that one just a hair in each dimension and be a winner on the shield. When I tote the shield I carry safety off. When I tote the double stack guns I go safety on.

Congrats on the Shield 9mm, it's got a pretty good following. Personally, I found the grip to be too slender to be comfortable. But the Shield 45 is perfect for my hand. Do give us a range report once you've had an opportunity to shoot it...

I hear you, I've got a first gen XD9SC and love it but it is just a little too big for all situations. I really looked at the 43 also and wanted to love it but couldn't. I've also considered a .380 but figured a hammer would be more effective, LOL

No. Not unless you have very large ankles.

gRmwQD2.jpg

Congrats on the Shield 9mm, it's got a pretty good following. Personally, I found the grip to be too slender to be comfortable. But the Shield 45 is perfect for my hand. Do give us a range report once you've had an opportunity to shoot it...
I thought the same thing about the grip on my 40 til I shot it.
I paid more for mine used than you can buy a new one now and I still think I got a good deal. It's been a flawless pistol. I bought it with a couple of hundred rounds thru it and it had been flawless for the first owner (my daughter).
I highly recommend them. I'm sure the OP will enjoy his.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top