JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I assume you're talking about the Bodyguard. My Son-in-law's had a terrible trigger.

Yes sir. I pocket carried one for a bit, until I decided that the trigger made me want to leave it at home for range trips. If I hate practicing with it, I won't keep it.

The Shield though? Love mine. I carry mine from the moment I put my pants on in the morning to the moment I take them off at night. On me as I type this.

Last Edited:
I appendix carry my Shield, but not really because I'm a lefty. Regardless I sometimes do a quick pat down because I forget it's there.

I'm looking for a good outside the waist holster too. Any recommendations?
Congrats on your acquisition.

I carry mine in an Allen outside WB holster.
https://byallen.com/product/glenwood-leather-belt-slide-holster/
It works great, I use the belt loops, (the clip is useless, makes gun top heavy and flop around). can conceal easily with a shirt, jacket etc. It's not the nicest holster around but for $10-15 it's great!

I also carry my Shield in an inside the pocket holster for cargo shorts, roomy pants pocket, jackets.

I'm looking for a good outside the waist holster too. Any recommendations?

I like my leather pancake holster from Wright Leather Works, they call their Predator model.

Is the 9mm version small enough for a pocket or as a backup on your ankle?

Ok, gonna have to disagree somewhat with what Kruejl is saying regarding pocket carry. I have some Carhartt painters pants, with slant pockets ...... not the regular jeans style pockets. Using either a Desantis or Sticky pocket holster, my Shield fits well with the flush bottom 7 round magazine.

I also have a holster that's designed to be used in cargo pockets. It works ..... sort of. It's heavy when your gun is holstered, so with every step, your pants swing back and forth a lot due to the weight. Also, drawing consistently and ready to fire is not the easiest. Might be fine for a lighter weight backup gun in .380 or a j-frame or something, but not my Shield.

I will agree with Kruejl that pocket carry will not work with regular style jeans pockets for a M&P Shield.

I like my leather pancake holster from Wright Leather Works, they call their Predator model.

Ok, gonna have to disagree somewhat with what Kruejl is saying regarding pocket carry. I have some Carhartt painters pants, with slant pockets ...... not the regular jeans style pockets. Using either a Desantis or Sticky pocket holster, my Shield fits well with the flush bottom 7 round magazine.

I also have a holster that's designed to be used in cargo pockets. It works ..... sort of. It's heavy when your gun is holstered, so with every step, your pants swing back and forth a lot due to the weight. Also, drawing consistently and ready to fire is not the easiest. Might be fine for a lighter weight backup gun in .380 or a j-frame or something, but not my Shield.

I will agree with Kruejl that pocket carry will not work with regular style jeans pockets for a M&P Shield.

Yeah, I'm sure with the right pants it could be done. But it's a fairly weighty piece and I would assume it would be noticeable especially on a longer walk or whatever. That's whyy I carry mine appendix style. It works, it's so comfortable (after getting used to it) and I usually forget I have it on me.

Last Edited:
The felt recoil and follow up shots are so much faster than the G43. It's an easy win for the Shield, and this coming from a Glock guy.

yep. i agree. im definately a glock guy but have been sold on my CZ p07 also.

after shooting my 1911 today with some hot handloads, the shield felt like a pea shooter. lol

i tend to carry my glock 23 or my shield 9mm. the shield is way more comfortable and when i do carry it i also carry a 2nd magazine.

yep. i agree. im definately a glock guy but have been sold on my CZ p07 also.

after shooting my 1911 today with some hot handloads, the shield felt like a pea shooter. lol

i tend to carry my glock 23 or my shield 9mm. the shield is way more comfortable and when i do carry it i also carry a 2nd magazine.

I walked around all day today wearing a Glock 2nd Amendment shirt. While carrying a Shield. Go figure. :rolleyes::D

ive shot a shield in 40 s&w too. theyre not as snappy as a guy would think. the slides are interchangeable too. i put a 40 slide on mine and it shot. didnt swap barrels to try that though.

I imagine they're all decent. But for the size I'll stick with 9mm. Honestly, I don't like the .40 anyway.

I imagine they're all decent. But for the size I'll stick with 9mm. Honestly, I don't like the .40 anyway.
40 is one of those 6 to 1, half dozen the other deals. some people like'm some dont.

i like mine but, i also own 4 or 5 9mm pistols vs my one 40, one 45 and one 380...oh and my one 300blk pistol:rolleyes:

40 is one of those 6 to 1, half dozen the other deals. some people like'm some dont.

i like mine but, i also own 4 or 5 9mm pistols vs my one 40, one 45 and one 380...oh and my one 300blk pistol:rolleyes:

I like all guns. That being said I wouldn't be in the market for a .40. Or a .300BLK. I do own 1 .380 and a 1911 in .45ACP. Because let's face it, we ALL need a .45!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top