Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Adjust timing on revolver

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by soute21, Dec 31, 2013.

1. soute21

soute21 Portland, OR Member

Could anyone help me adjust the timing on my revolver today!!! Can pay for services and need it done today/early tomorrow it's a taurus raging judge

2. Velzey

Velzey Estacada, Oregon Gunsmith Gunsmith Bronze Vendor Bronze Supporter

Not a whole lot to adjust on those, and Taurus does not send parts out. They do it all themselves.

How many rounds have you put thru it?

3. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

Velzey is correct, I can't even get Taurus to send parts to my shop and I'm a dealer. Any work done it will void the warranty and will cost you for Taurus to put it back in "warranty condition". I would send it back to them.

4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

On most other revolvers, you purchase an over-sized "Hand" and then file it down until the cylinder to bore timing lines up.
    All bets are off with Taurus parts.

5. Cameron72

Cameron72 Harrington, WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

How did the timing get off?? It's not an old weapon.

6. TINCANBANDIT

TINCANBANDIT Federal Way Active Member

The timing is the correct alignment of the chamber with the barrel, Your problem could be the hand (or pawl) or the spur gear on the back of the cylinder. If these parts get too far worn, they will not rotate the cylinder enough for it to lock up with the notch in the cylinder & the cylinder bolt stop.
    The problem could also be the bolt stop, not likely but it could be undersized, broken or the slot as become loose do to poor machining or heat treating.
    Taurus has a lifetime warranty, I would send to them