JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
for those thatdont want to read the link I shared above....
it turns out the room the shooting took place was the same room the company conducted their active shooter training. When it actually happened, the people in the room did exactly as they were trained to do...

unfortunately due to strict gun laws, none of them were armed. they should have all had a gun on them. i KNOW it would end up very badly and quickly for an active shooter where i work.

unfortunately due to strict gun laws, none of them were armed.

I know, I just get more frustrated at all the gun control laws and debate over these shootings, the liberal mindset on more gun control is literally getting people killed.

My wife just went through training. Her direction is to run, hide, fight.

So run with 30 8 year olds in tow, hide them and yourself, if all else fails fight the gunman with her bare hands. For some reason I don't think a 100# barely adult sized woman is going to stand much of a chance let alone the 30 scared to death kids hidden under their desks.

Send in a 12 man simi-pro paintball team in and see how many casualties they can rack up...

Then go freeze those paintballs and you have .67 ice balls hitting you. That'll add some reality to it :D

So run with 30 8 year olds in tow, hide them and yourself, if all else fails fight the gunman with her bare hands. For some reason I don't think a 100# barely adult sized woman is going to stand much of a chance let alone the 30 scared to death kids hidden under their desks.

Baseball bat at the minimum...

The flaw with the "run hide fight" training is the fight part doesn't include guns, yet the training is in response to active shooters....

o_O

How effin stupid is that? When are these people going to get a grasp on reality?

Sorry, this whole thread is more of a rant I'm preaching to the choir here but the more I learn about gun control the more I realise the other side is insane.

The flaw with the "run hide fight" training is the fight part doesn't include guns, yet the training is in response to active shooters....

o_O

How effin stupid is that? When are these people going to get a grasp on reality?

Sorry, this whole thread is more of a rant I'm preaching to the choir here but the more I learn about gun control the more I realise the other side is insane.
The fighting with whatever you can find part is to help distract you from that sinking feeling that you've been horribly mislead.

I can only speak for the plan / training where I teach.
One big problem I have with our plan is that it was made by people who do not shoot , or know how bullets do the things they do and that bullets often have a plan of their own and its not yours ...
Another issue I have is that Admin , seems to think that if a shooter is in our school , he is going to act according to their plan.
Also I think that they have no idea of the chaos and panic the could happen after the first shot is fired.
If a shooter is in my school , I will follow the plan if it looks like it will work. Otherwise I will do whatever it takes to save as many students as I can as I throw the plan out the window.
Andy

Last Edited:
My company has never had an active shooter drill, nor has it ever been so much as discussed with the employees. We do have fire drills once a year though - we just did it on Monday, as the rain was pouring down and we were left to stand outside the building looking like idiots to the passing drivers. But back to a shooter event. I'm not certain if the company has a policy against carry, I honestly don't want to ask the question. But I'm reasonably sure that there are at least a couple who do carry, and considering there is absolutely no plan in place to protect the employees here in such an event, it's comforting to know that.

o_O

Well, at least parents can get these:

back-to-school-2015-2.jpg

bulletblocker-nij-iiia-bulletproof-guardian-backpack-38.jpg

On sale for only $178 right now! So, rather than keeping your child away from a extremely dangerous gun free zone/shooting gallery, such as a school, you can have the peace of mind that they just need to grab their backpack and they'll be safe and secure.

Oh, they make them for adults too - a tacticool molle-pack:

bulletblocker-nij-iiia-bulletproof-assault-molle-pack-25.jpg

http://www.bulletblocker.com/bullet-proof-backpack-shield.html

Seriously. My father and I were watching the news last Sunday and saw an active shooter routine preformed by a class of 3-4th graders.

Theu are teaching these kids to be sheep.
To duck and cover, to cower. They see the teacher as an example of that and follow suit.
Sadly it reinforces the ideology of
"Duty to retreat" which is pure bullbubblegum.

Same goes for offices, ect. Hiding under those desks is only going to do so much. If a shooter wants, he'll bust through that door and shoot up that office or classroom.
Where will the employees and teacher be when that happens? Under their dest with their tail between their legs.

I do belive SOME policies help..
Schools should ALWAYS be in lockdown mode. You should only be able to be buzzed in via the front desk. There should also be an armed officer in every school. We spend BIG money on additional leos year after year when we vote.. Instead of adding to the street pirate collective and generating revenue for the counties/state we should be placing them in areas that actually matter like schools and high risk gang areas.

Offices and schools should change anti carry policies and have the same lock down methods in place. At least a shooter could only get so far.
Add in bullet proof chalk boards, backpacks, glass and doors and it makes mass shootings quite difficult. It would change most soft targets to semi soft targets making the shooters mission discouraging.

The part I hate about the news stories of active shooter training and surprise attacks is, they dont ever have firearm people in those drills carrying their firearm and sitting/positioning themselves in the room (back corner) as they would in real life. Its just like poll data.. They are trying to make it seem like we are all that ill-prepared by not having real EDC-CC'ers in the scenarios.

Keep in mind these programs are usually put together by HR departments. Don't expect a lot of sense from them, they are all politically correct. Still, more people ought to ignore the law and carry if that makes sense to them - even if the penalties are absurdly high for such an "infraction". I guess it boils down to probabilities - is a person more likely to be shot at by a "active shooter", or caught by a cop? Both choices suck. I'd move out of California, but that's just me...

Theu are teaching these kids to be sheep.

No surprises there. That is the aim of ALL government schools.

"The aim of public education is not to spread enlightenment at all; it is simply to reduce as many individuals as possible to the same safe level, to breed a standard citizenry, to put down dissent and originality."
-- H.L. Mencken

"Looking back on a 30-year teaching career full of rewards and prizes, somehow I can't completely believe that I spent my time on earth institutionalized; I can't believe that centralized schooling is allowed to exist at all as a gigantic indoctrination and sorting machine, robbing people of their children. Did it really happen? Was this my life? God help me."
-- John Taylor Gatto, "The Underground History of American Education"

When was the last time a mass shooter/terrorist/jihadi mothereffer went after a police station????? Exactly. I guarantee a private school with metal detectors, armed and trained teachers would have full classrooms if they advertised the fact.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads