JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I detest starlings. Was cutting some wood and saw some in the neighbor's tree again. Tree huger type. Nice folks though. But anyway, figured I'd scare them off. The birds not the neighbors. Pulled a Remington NPSS, .22 off the rack. Have not shot this since last summer, so I guess 60 yards 75 maybe. Adjust the scope for distance. Then pulled up, cross hairs on target and pulled the trigger just that quick. I hit him hard, the sound is like a baseball into a catchers mitt. This has been a good gun but thought after sitting for a time it may need a warm up couple of rounds. Where I am this is for the most part legal, rural. Was just a snap shot I wish someone else had seen me do.

Starlings are a flying scourge... I always have to "stand watch" over the dogs' food bowls and make them eat all their portions in one setting because those little bastiges will fly in like a pack of Velociraptors and devour the kibbles... spendy bird food!

Starlings are non-native, so I don't have any bad feelings about getting rid of them. They have decimated our fruit trees in the past and when we put out food for the other birds, they wipe it out - fast. There is a pack of about a dozen in our area and I'm ready to pick them off - but I can't do it if the wife and daughter are home - they're not okay with that 'solution'. I just have to hope they show up when I'm home alone so I can try and pick them off. Dirty ba$tards.

I think the best thing I've learned from him/his vids is his range work with slo-motion camera leading to pellet selection and optimum velocity/power. Often the rifles are just too powerful to be accurate at all. Very interesting.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top