JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
AA12-Shotgun.jpg
ammoland

When they announced the run of semi-auto ones, I was tempted to buy. IIRC, they were pricey and I lost interest. Good thing I didn't invest in one, because it looks like they are getting melted down by ATF. :eek:

Proof that the 4473 you fill out is in fact a registration.

How else would they know who to send these letters to?

The dealer is required to maintain the paperwork for a period of no less than 20 years. They run the trace this way. If the gun traded hands via private party in a state prior to needing a dealer to do the transfer then the trail stops there.

The dealer is required to maintain the paperwork for a period of no less than 20 years. They run the trace this way. If the gun traded hands via private party in a state prior to needing a dealer to do the transfer then the trail stops there.

Bingo. ATF follows the transfer trail to the final owner, if they can. Been that way for 50+ years.

Bingo. ATF follows the transfer trail to the final owner, if they can. Been that way for 50+ years.
Effectively the ATF does have a registry in a State like ours.

Edit: transfers between legal relatives can end this tracking process. Especially if a few families are involved in a transfer of a firearm. This could make for some fun family reunions.

Last Edited:
From this, it looks like the manufacturer/importer screwed their customers by being sloppy about the law, in particular the "readily restored" language :

UPDATED ******* ATF updated me today again just after publishing. They stated that their lawyers looked at the receiver and it was identical to the automatic in semi-automatic version, but the decision did not come from the tech branch.

If the receiver was identical to the auto, not in mere markings, but in machining -- that would be a big issue because the conversion to full auto would simply require swapping out the guts.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top