JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thought I would share a little story from the other night.

My lil' bro was over the other night so I took the opportunity to show him the gun safe and the tools in it. We spent a good 2 hrs going over just about everything. ie: safety, how to load/unload, what the rounds look like, etc...

He was just thrilled! I have been trying to get him to go shooting, but with his year around basketball and what not, it has not happened yet. He did not get to go with dad to training sessions like I did, so he has had no influence with them.

His gf had arrived later that night. Just some quick info about her: she is brought up with the thinking guns are very very bad. She had never been around them yet ever helled one before. For the past 6 months I have been trying to get her to hold on or come shooting...I had got no where.

So that night we talk her into checking out the safe. My lil bro opened it, cleared the tools, and was trying to get her to check them out. She didn't want to touch the P3AT or the SP101. But then my bro came up with this fancy line for the 10/22 with a scope. "Hey, you have to check this out. It's just like a video game." Guess what? She picked it up and shouldered it and LIKE it! She really liked the Mossberg 835 12ga, but I think it will be to big for her (Wish I had a 20ga for her to shoot). She held all the pistols and rifles and had a smile the whole time.

Then we pulled out the bb gun for her. Set some empty cans up in the garage, had them put on safety glasses and those two had a great time. She had never held a gun, or shot one before this. Even if it was just a bb gun.

After they got bored they put it back into the safe and she asked when we could go shoot the other guns!!!

I am still smiling ear to ear after this night, a few days ago. I had actually done it...got someone who is very very anti-gun into guns. Also my lil bro who has never shot them, but has shown interest. One thing she is against though is CCL, but that's just a whole other topic.

I have proven many times over to antigin people its just a matter of experience. Since I have started going to school I have taken about 5 class mates on there first shooting experiences 3 of those resulted in new gun owners the other two wil be soon. Few things please me more than turning a antigun person.

I have proven many times over to antigin people its just a matter of experience. Since I have started going to school I have taken about 5 class mates on there first shooting experiences 3 of those resulted in new gun owners the other two wil be soon. Few things please me more than turning a antigun person.

I can totally see that.
Good to know that you've found some people that are willing to check things out. Having a knowledgeable, interesting host is a great influence.

Good for you!

I just can't wait until we can go shooting. Will most likely have to happen after they graduate since they are really busy with school.

I wouldn't be too concerned with her not wanting to touch them. Some people are afraid of certain guns. Ive been with family members that hunted dear all their life but didn't want to shoot my shotgun.

step daughter and wife to an NRA Womans Day. They both had a great time. Neither had ever shot or even held a gun. Wife just hates guns but still had a great time. Even had the target posted onthe refer for a while (all in the bulls eye).
Problem now is that her daughter died and my wife refuses to go shooting because it brings back memories of the Womans Day with her daughter and it's "too painful" for her.
Guess I need to work with the two grandkids we "inherited". One is 10 and will probably be OK with guns, the other is 18 and may not take to them as easily. I even bought a small single action .22 that would fit my wife and the kids hands but school and weather haven't co-operated.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top