JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here's the first "form letter" I received... I'll definitely post any further replies as I get them.

"SUBJECT: Out of state

Thank you for sending me your electronic mail message. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Because of the volume of e-mail that is received by my office, we can only respond to email that includes a California postal address. Please resend the text of your e-mail message, including your postal address, and I will respond to you as soon as possible.

Should you need additional information about the Congress, or my offices in Washington and California, please visit my homepage on the World Wide Web. The address is http://feinstein.senate.gov.

Thank you again for contacting me, and I hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Sincerely,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator"

I'll re-send it as instructed, but I predict the response will be just as automated.
Call her out on Twitter. Respond to one of her tweets right when it is posted so you can get in at the top of replies.

Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) on Twitter

If it is eliminated, it WILL affect you -- though afterward, you will have that "uh oh" Dunning Kruger moment where you recognize your lack of cognitive depth.

Let's see… you take my quote out of context, argue about it, then tell me I'm stupid? Who exactly has the cognitive problem here, Friend?

Take a moment to re-read my post with an eye towards context.

Thanks!

Sorry. Multiple posts.

Last Edited:
Weird site behavior.

Last Edited:
Okay this is crazy. Every time I try to post it doesn't work, the site freezes, so I re-try with the same result. Then I log out and back in and lo and behold there are all my posts in a row. But now I can't edit or eliminate them. What the heck is going on?

I'm logging out for a couple days to let this all sort itself out.

Sigmadog out.

Let's see… you take my quote out of context, argue about it, then tell me I'm stupid? Who exactly has the cognitive problem here, Friend?
Take a moment to re-read my post with an eye towards context.
Thanks!

LOL, sorry I wrote in a way that you perceived as an attack. It was not.
I regard you as a thoughtful and funny, literate guy.
I wrote in response to you, because as I quote your message again below, you see you have inserted quotes, which indicates you have quoted someone else. In this case, that would be @ravenswood .
My comment about a dunning kruger moment applies to his thinking.

I get the "if the 2A is eliminated it won't affect me" position
Your are not claiming that as your thinking, you are expressing an understanding of someone else's'.
I hope what I wrote is more clear now. :)

LOL, sorry I wrote in a way that you perceived as an attack. It was not.
I regard you as a thoughtful and funny, literate guy.
I wrote in response to you, because as I quote your message again below, you see you have inserted quotes, which indicates you have quoted someone else. In this case, that would be @ravenswood .
My comment about a dunning kruger moment applies to his thinking.

Your are not claiming that as your thinking, you are expressing an understanding of someone else's'.
I hope what I wrote is more clear now. :)

I figured as much. I read that while sitting on the can this morning and sometimes a little indignation is therapeutic, like a nice colonic.

Cheers!

like a nice colonic
That statement reminds me of a few Kalifornicatians I have known. I still cringe when I hear them waxing poetic about their last colonic -- as if I wanted to hear about it in the first place. If I didn't enjoy your posts, based on those experiences, a statement like that might warrant an automatic exercise of the "ignore" feature.

That statement reminds me of a few Kalifornicatians I have known. I still cringe when I hear them waxing poetic about their last colonic -- as if I wanted to hear about it in the first place. If I didn't enjoy your posts, based on those experiences, a statement like that might warrant an automatic exercise of the "ignore" feature.
"Mission Accomplished"!!!

That us VS them attitude is the very reason we don't make progress on either side. The complete unwillingness to compromise just stone-walls (no pun intended) everything.

Am I correct in my assumption that you are advocating a compromise? When it comes to issues that impact my ability to protect or defend myself, my family, my neighbor, my property or my country, I will NOT compromise. Aparently I'm that "zealot" that was mentioned previously. When the properties of an object have been diminished in some fashion, we say that it has been compromised. Our god given right to keep and bear arms has already been compromised to a much greater extent than I am comfortable with. And yet, we are being admonished and told we need to compromise in the interest of cooperation and civility. After all, "Can't we all just get along?"... As a parting shot, just because the majority wants or demands something doesn't make it right. Think lemmings off a cliff...

Am I correct in my assumption that you are advocating a compromise? When it comes to issues that impact my ability to protect or defend myself, my family, my neighbor, my property or my country, I will NOT compromise.

Don't confuse compromise (mutual concessions) with sacrifice (one party concedes).

See post #119 for some of the ones I considered.

Compromising with someone who wants 100% of something is foolish. First they agree to only take 10%. Then they come back to the table and demand more. They agree to another 10%. Then they come back table and demand more. Do you see the pattern? That is exactly how they work. They'll chip away at it until there is either nothing left or the will to retain what little does remain is virtually non-existent. They've been chipping away for decades, and it's time to stop compromising.

Compromising with someone who wants 100% of something is foolish.

Compromise only works if both sides of the debate are willing to meet in the middle. And if neither side of the debate is willing, it's a battle that will never end. By your own definition, the anti-gun folks are also foolish in trying to compromise.

Compromise only works if both sides of the debate are willing to meet in the middle. And if neither side of the debate is willing, it's a battle that will never end. By your own definition, the anti-gun folks would also be foolish in trying to compromise.

Yes! You've hit the bullseye. It would be foolish of them to seek further compromise. Maybe once we make them understand that we are not willing to compromise they'll put their "Dunce" cap back on and sit quietly in their corner like good little children.

Last Edited:
Compromise only works if both sides of the debate are willing to meet in the middle. And if neither side of the debate is willing, it's a battle that will never end. By your own definition, the anti-gun folks would also be foolish in trying to compromise.
Where have the antis EVER tried to compromise? Demanding less than all (for now) is not compromise.

And where is the "middle"?
Suppose a majority wanted to reinstate slavery? What would the reasonable compromise be to that?
The sort of "compromise" the antis offer is really just surrender on the installment plan. No thanks.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top