JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A little refresher article on early gun control:

The American Revolution against British Gun Control

If we compare these events of the past to today's struggles we have to take note that it's not a centralized foreign power trying to take our arms. It is our neighbors, family, co-workers and maybe even our friends. It's also our own Federal, State and local governments. The domestic support for the confiscation of arms is broad. It's tentacles can reach down to even those living under the same roof.

While we share the same end goal as our brother's and sister's of the late 1700s, the circumstances and methods to accomplish the goal will no doubt have to be different.

To those who say "I will not comply", history will judge you as being right. But I hope you will not give up trying to change the minds of your brother's and sister's of today. The support for our just cause would be better won by the end of a pen rather then the end of a barrel. The power of the pen is mighty these days extending to a nearly endless source of media platforms and communication techniques. We should expand our use of this pen to convince as many of our brother's and sister's as possible that the subjugation of our right to bear arms is as unjust now as it was then. I ask that no matter how futile it may seem at times, that you continue to use the power of the pen until the very day you have to raise the end of the barrel. I hope and pray that day doesn't come.

2A is one particular Right I've never been all that gung-ho about.

Sure, it's not a favored viewpoint, particularly on a firearms site! But I managed to go most of my life without. I didn't get into guns until about 4 years ago, and I'm 52. I went from being borderline anti-NRA, to a life member and certified NRA rifle/pistol instructor and coach. I've given a few classes for the Oregon CHL and helped at least a couple dozen become responsible armed citizens.

I'm sure I could go the rest of my life without a gun too. I've bought and sold at least a dozen in my short tenure, but now only have one, which I every-day-carry. Although I regularly write my reps to defy any type of gun control, I'm neither a collector nor consider myself an activist. But I support those who are.

Just a POV from someone who doesn't think the sky is falling.

View attachment 542159

To "not use" a rite is fine. Personal choice.

To figure it's OK to infringe upon everyone else's rite, which the individual is "not using" is NOT OK.

A rite is not a license, ticket, pass, chit or any other Beurocratic piece of paper plastic or electric bits or bites. A rite is like breathing.

It just is. Hence my use of quotes for "not using" above.

The 2A is the pillar of the other rites in said Bill. Take said 2A away from the people's of the republic, and the republic soon shall cease to be.

...foreign or domestic...

B0F69D96-72E9-40EA-8489-F6929952F0A2.jpeg B0F69D96-72E9-40EA-8489-F6929952F0A2.jpeg

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for fond memories of going shooting with my mom and friends as a teenager.

Taking people out shooting is what sets the seeds of an eventual passionate gun owner.

Some times I think taking a friend to the range is more important then writing to your rep.

I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for fond memories of going shooting with my mom and friends as a teenager.

Taking people out shooting is what sets the seeds of an eventual passionate gun owner.

Some times I think taking a friend to the range is more important then writing to your rep.
Combining the two might be interesting, like taking your Rep/Sen to the range and news reporters too.

A friend in Hillsboro coaches a group of youngsters in BBgun marksmanship. Yes BBgun. Never heard of it before, but they actually travelled to Arkansas to shoot in the National comp. Now THAT is worth thinking about. BBgun clubs for kids to learn safety, marksmanship, competitive spirit, and responsibility. All things the left is trying to remove from our youth. When I was a kid in Hillsboro, we had BBgun wars, our moms never knew about, and no one ever shot their eye out. Started our own training for RVN.

And this is how it should remain..."Your Individual Choice"

What if 51% weren't "Gung Ho" about the 4th or the 5th amendment? Point is I'd hope we'd all fight to keep them all intact and keep "Individual Rights" above what any majority would desire to squelch.

At the risk of further hijacking the (already beat to death subject of the) OP...
Pellet and BB shooting can be lots of fun, even for adults.

Here's one of many places to get started for competition and awards:
NRA Explore | Marksmanship Qualification Program

One can acquire a lot of skills as it's mostly the same as shooting a "real" gun, minus the BANG.
I found it a peaceful way to practice, just a few feet out my back door.
View attachment 542186

I shot at Oregon State tournament a couple years ago, .177 pellets "sporter" class (without all the fancy support gear.)

Pellet rifle/pistol can lead the young and talented right to the Olympics and world competitions!
Serious question. Why are you shooting at human silhouettes, particularly with air guns? There's a little bell that goes off in my head when I see muzzles pointed at people, and non le/military shooting at targets representing people. If it's true that the enemy is observing us and probing for our mistakes and weak spots,( which they are), suppose what they gather from this. When I shoot, it's always for accuracy, and a bullseye target works just fine. The only "people" targets I ever shot at were in the army.

At the risk of further hijacking the (already beat to death subject of the) OP...
Pellet and BB shooting can be lots of fun, even for adults.

Here's one of many places to get started for competition and awards:
NRA Explore | Marksmanship Qualification Program

One can acquire a lot of skills as it's mostly the same as shooting a "real" gun, minus the BANG.
I found it a peaceful way to practice, just a few feet out my back door.
View attachment 542186

I shot at Oregon State tournament a couple years ago, .177 pellets "sporter" class (without all the fancy support gear.)

Pellet rifle/pistol can lead the young and talented right to the Olympics and world competitions!
I like the home range set up.

I know the subject has "already been beat to death" but I have read a lot more comments lately seemingly calling for Oak Harboring them antis, or simply just refusing to comply and call it a day. I am just hoping that those with that view will still make efforts to change minds through peaceful ways.

Serious question. Why are you shooting at human silhouettes, particularly with air guns? There's a little bell that goes off in my head when I see muzzles pointed at people, and non le/military shooting at targets representing people. If it's true that the enemy is observing us and probing for our mistakes and weak spots,( which they are), suppose what they gather from this. When I shoot, it's always for accuracy, and a bullseye target works just fine. The only "people" targets I ever shot at were in the army.
My guess, because you usually don't get attacked by grid patterned targets.

I did, even just again. It's still fake "news" but will be taken as "seriously really f'ing happening". Although it's not, and never was.
"And this, fellow Americans, is how the American Revolution began, April 20, 1775. History. Study it or repeat it." Now how is this fake news? The way it's set up is to get your attention...and it worked.

Sure, it's not a favored viewpoint, particularly on a firearms site! But I managed to go most of my life without. I didn't get into guns until about 4 years ago, and I'm 52. I went from being borderline anti-NRA, to a life member and certified NRA rifle/pistol instructor and coach. I've given a few classes for the Oregon CHL and helped at least a couple dozen become responsible armed citizens.

I'm sure I could go the rest of my life without a gun too. I've bought and sold at least a dozen in my short tenure, but now only have one, which I every-day-carry. Although I regularly write my reps to defy any type of gun control, I'm neither a collector nor consider myself an activist. But I support those who are.

View attachment 542159

You are a complicated guy. o_O

You are a complicated guy. o_O
Yes, and at only 52 there's still hope for him..still a work in progress...main thing is to keep an open mind and be able to change with new information. Remember Churchill : " If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain." Just a late bloomer.

View attachment 542159

Saying that you don't care about 2a going away because you don't personally feel the need to own a firearm is exactly like saying you don't care if 1a goes away because you have nothing to say about the .gov at the moment.

I've never been attacked by paper. Oh, well, there is the occasional cut, but that's my fault. :)

One shouldn't underestimate a pellet gun! The right setup and you can take (rather quietly and inexpensively) down small game.
(one of many sources)
Pellet gun comps are worldwide, but do you know of any BBgun clubs/comps? Yes, pell guns can cause serious injury, so that's why BBgun shooting might be a better place to start for young kids.

Personally, I don't see an issue with the target selection, especially for someone who carries daily. Attack's and threats are mostly carried out by two legged animals. Never in my nearly 60 years have I ever heard of a bullseye attacking someone. :eek:

I've shot thousands of silhouettes over the years, all the major non-Bullseye competitions use silhouette targets, just don't understand the big deal, but that's me, I'm a bit thick in the skull region. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top