JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Rule#8- Keep the pressure on. Rule#10- Major premise for tactics is to maintain constant pressure on the opposition. Rule#13- Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it. (Done brilliantly recently on the NRA). ...and their old bread and butter... Rule#5- Ridicule is man's most potent weapon.

I agree with your 2A stance but now let's put you across the table from Diane Feinstein and, as usual, she wants to ban all "assault weapons". How would you negotiate? What compromises would you make and what do you expect in return?

Okay, I'll play.

First, I'd brush up fully on her position regarding firearms. Then focus on deflating those points, assuming they're truly invalid. i.e. Defining what an actual "assault" weapon really is. Some folks think they're only for killing, yet have never been to a competition where they're used regularly. And honestly, I don't want to face a gang with MAC-10s with just my six-shooter.

Then I'd ask her for a list of "compromises" she'd wish for. And provide her mine.

Assuming, and that's a big "if", she's reasonable, we might come to some middle ground.

For instance, and just an off-the-top list of compromises;

-I'd give up bump-stocks for leaving our magazines and capacity alone.
-I'd accept universal background checks if we could have reciprocal conceal/carry licenses across all States.
-Do the "red flag" law, but it, like any search & seizure should be, come with a judge's approval. If there's a real urgency, then it's a crime in progress and handled by the cops or feds like any offense would be.
-Accept that real machine-guns require a special permit, but make suppressors as readily available as most gun-parts are.
-Anyone using a gun in a crime gets a tougher sentence, but a felon who's served his time not be restricted in owning a firearm.
-Never limit the amount of rounds one can purchase, in exchange for one must be 21 or over to buy a firearm or ammo.
-Keep the 80% lowers "loophole" but continue to require it's transfer to a new owner be treated as if it were any other firearm.
-Not allow firearms in schools, government buildings, courts, etc. in exchange that no private business can deny service to someone who carries, either open or concealed.
-Stand your ground "Castle" laws are universal, but applies to life-and-limb, not your property. Even a scumbag's life is worth more than your TV.

I'm sure with a little more time, I could come up with a few more, but that's a good start methinks.

Just for the hopes that there might be a chance that Ms Feinstein might be open to some insight... I forwarded her my opinion. Essentially quoting what I just wrote. I'll post here later any response she offers.

DFemail2019.PNG

Of whom I'm sure are well-trained and not a felon. But you can bet if he crosses the line, he'd lose more than just his job.

And there is the rub. Let me know how many examples of "trained professionals" you need for me to prove the point. I can go all day from the dancing FBI guy to the female cop the shot a guy in his own apartment, for being in his own apartment. The idea the "this" group is special has zero to do with my rights.

This isn't me being stubborn. I'm stating a fact. Gun owners demanding their rights be fully acknowledged are not in the wrong or acting unreasonable.

Just for the hopes that there might be a chance that Ms Feinstein might be open to some insight... I forwarded her my opinion (usernames redacted). Essentially quoting what I just wrote. I'll post here later any response she offers.

View attachment 544017

Better tell her you are a young hot man in need of some schoolin', you know kinda trick her into it. In case you pull it off here's some info on Chef's pleasure bag
just to help get ya through--

You know takin' one for the team will entitle you to some special privileges around here:rolleyes:

.... 'professionals" you need for me to prove the point. I can go all day from the dancing FBI guy to the female cop the shot a guy in his own apartment, for being in his own apartment.

In all fairness, those are "one-offs". Yeah, that guy that decided to party with a firearm in his waist or the woman who assumed incorrectly are definitely at-fault and a poor reflection on the rest of us. But no less troublesome than legal firearm owners who shoot up a church or school. There's no overcoming just plain stupid. We really shouldn't, on either side of the gun-debate, take these unique circumstances as a reflection for all of us.

Although, sadly, used as ammunition to flame the debate for either side.

There are drunk drivers and stoned pilots, but that doesn't mean we should eliminate cars and planes.

I'll post here later any response she offers.

Here's the first "form letter" I received... I'll definitely post any further replies as I get them.

"SUBJECT: Out of state

Thank you for sending me your electronic mail message. I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Because of the volume of e-mail that is received by my office, we can only respond to email that includes a California postal address. Please resend the text of your e-mail message, including your postal address, and I will respond to you as soon as possible.

Should you need additional information about the Congress, or my offices in Washington and California, please visit my homepage on the World Wide Web. The address is http://feinstein.senate.gov.

Thank you again for contacting me, and I hope you will continue to do so in the future.

Sincerely,

Dianne Feinstein
United States Senator"

I'll re-send it as instructed, but I predict the response will be just as automated.

She says she isn't gonna respond anyhow, unless you have a californy address--Could ya ask her to wear something around her neck in the future, for me?

Something like this maybe? :)

Uzi-Gun-Pendant.jpg

But yeah, I get the point. It's odd how one must be from the same region to be taken "seriously."
Sure glad I moved from California long before I became one of those gun-nuts! :)

In all fairness, those are "one-offs".

There have been many. Enough to show a pattern of government being no more responsible or having a higher standard than civilians that legally carry.

But no less troublesome than legal firearm owners who shoot up a church or school. What legal firearms owners are shooting up schools and churches

The vast majority of those have been found to illegally possess those firearms. There were very few instances where those individuals had not previously been contacted by police or were on some worthless government watch list.

Something like this maybe? :)

View attachment 544032

But yeah, I get the point. It's odd how one must be from the same region to be taken "seriously."
Sure glad I moved from California long before I became one of those gun-nuts! :)

Actually I get responses from many other states. I received one today from Sen Betsy Johnson of Oregon, saying she agreed with me and would be voting against SB-501, HB-2251 & SB-87--politicians aren't all the same after all

There have been many. Enough to show a pattern of government being no more responsible or having a higher standard than civilians that legally carry.

The vast majority of those have been found to illegally possess those firearms. There were very few instances where those individuals had not previously been contacted by police or were on some worthless government watch list.

They probably think if they can get rid of your guns those criminals won't be able to steal them--Anyhow I figure if there is any one thing a real pos politician has to fear it's being offed by a disgruntled person. Get rid of our guns & they get rid of that fear

Just for the hopes that there might be a chance that Ms Feinstein might be open to some insight... I forwarded her my opinion (usernames redacted). Essentially quoting what I just wrote. I'll post here later any response she offers.

View attachment 544017
Sincerely, I wish you the best of luck with that, but I have a feeling you may not know what and who you are dealing with. Nonetheless, Good luck.

ETA I saw the reply I should have anticipated that too, Try our own senators here in Washington (or Oregon) and see what you get
Again--Best of luck

They probably think if they can get rid of your guns those criminals won't be able to steal them--Anyhow I figure if there is any one thing a real pos politician has to fear it's being offed by a disgruntled person. Get rid of our guns & they get rid of that fear
When I was in the USAF someone stole a flat bed trailer with a F16 engine in broad daylight. Just adding to the myth of government security.

I don't have the precise information in front of me (I'll have to look it up) but I've seen information that suggests that concealed-carry permit holders are statistically more law-abiding than police.

I get the "if the 2A is eliminated it won't affect me" position, though I now think it's a viewpoint that expresses a fundamental ignorance of history and an overabundance of trust in one's fellow man.
If it is eliminated, it WILL affect you -- though afterward, you will have that "uh oh" Dunning Kruger moment where you recognize your lack of cognitive depth.

I don't recall reading "except criminals" or "except full auto" or "except those over 21" or "only those who have taken a safety course" in the 2A. Yet, IMO, those seem to be reasonable restrictions.
A well regulated.....

But no less troublesome than legal firearm owners who shoot up a church or school.
Strenuously disagree. Stupid mistakes and carelessness do not even exist in the same gravitational field as deliberate criminals. That is like saying the Nice France truck driver is on the same level as someone who falls asleep at the wheel.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top