JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, avoid persuading people logically. It sounds weird, but studies have found people (even us) don't actually make decisions based on logic or facts. We do use logic to justify our choice, though.

Instead, take him plinking. Or talk about how much fun they are. Let him carry an unloaded gun holstered for an hour and learn to relish the feeling. Introduce him to a hot girl who packs. Those have all convinced my friends. :winkkiss:

Basically, until an anti-gun person associates positive feelings with guns, or thinks they're cool, he will remain unconvinced...

A lot of times this is very true. Lately I've been finding a lot of people that I know are in support of an AWB until they learn what the so called "assault weapons" really are. They're simply uneducated on the topic and don't even realize it. They only know what the media has been drilling into them for 20+ years. Responding to "Why do you need an assault rifle" with "First define for me what you mean by assault weapon" makes it easier to discuss. So many respond "machine guns!" They're always surprised to discover an AWB doesn't involve "machine guns." The slightly more aware that respond with "semi-auto rifles" are always surprised when I respond "Like the 70 year old rifle my grandfather used to hunt with and left to me as an heirloom?"

I've now had half a dozen very liberal, anti "assault weapon" friends flip from "they should all be banned" to "will you take me shooting?" in the last month alone. It wasn't so much about arguing with them as educating them.

Sadly, similar as Ocarolan referenced above, I've had a few figuratively cover their ears with their hands and holler "I can't hear you LALALALA!"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top