JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Off topic, BUT...

Sometimes racism is caused by having a snootfull of stereotypical behaviors crammed down your throat by said subcultures' behaviors that are on blatant 24/7 display... Just sayin'.

But, yes racism is ignorant.

great job. thats what we need.your never gonna get through to thoses idiots but calm, reasonable,sane points might get some of the folks of the fence.To often our side gets so frustrated with their nonsense we snap at them or fumble our point then are framed up to look like nutjobs

That was real good, I could see that being just the right speed for most folks who are on the fence just as I could see the Ted Nugents and the Alex Jones' being the right speed for others. Different strokes for different folks.

Great video, thanks for posting. I love when he dropped the "I'm armed".

The interviewer was visibly rattled.

The part I liked better was:

interviewer: You're armed????

interviewee: Yes! You aren't??????

At any rate, the interviewer probably could've been talked into an answer of not fearing the guy. Then the guy says I'm armed how do you feel about me now? It could've continued on to show how irrational his "argument" was.

The subject of the interview could've also laid out a hypothetical ... I am 6'6", 300#, I'm on meth and PCP and I'm going to seperate your head from your body and poop down your throat and then I'm gonna kill your family. I bet that "journalist" would hope those protect and serve guys would show up fast .... providing he had time to call them and wait. If he was honest he'd say ya a gun would be a REALLY good idea about now.

It's sad how people like this are relying on the LE and the gov to protect them. They may have a duty to protect but they aren't with you 24/7. It takes time to respond to calls depending on availability and where they are. You can make all the rational arguments you want to these people but the fact is that they just don't want you to have them.

It's sad how people like this are relying on the LE and the gov to protect them. They may have a duty to protect but they aren't with you 24/7. It takes time to respond to calls depending in on availability and where they are. You can make all the rational arguments you want to these people but the fact is that they just don't want you to have them.

My dad is a retired deputy sheriff, as was his dad, brother, sister at one time, uncles, etc. Basically a clan of cops. I have discussed this at length with him over the years. He would and has agreed with everything you said. Like he says to me. " I have seen so much evil in this world, I think everyone should have the ability to defend themselves. " He means in public too btw.

I sent him a link to the video and he called me late last night. The first words out of his mouth " that man is so stupid ". Referring to the man giving the interview.

It's so strange to me. It's simply common sense that the police can't protect you during a violent confrontation unless they are standing next to you. Not to mention the supreme court decision stating they have no duty to.

Also, he just assumes that LE and military are some how more responsible than civilians. They do get training but it's not as much as people would be led to think. I would say that the majority of law abiding gun owners are responsible and fairly proficient ( some even more so than LE and mil) with these guns. There is also very good training available civilians.

It's scary how fast that "reporters" position went from a AWB to no one should have a gun.....

I was having a discussion about the potential AWB with a friend of mine. He started off being very emotionally charged & fervently in support of an AWB. So I relayed some statistics about how few crimes are actually committed with "assault weapons," and how realistically the people who own these types of weapons are the least likely to ever use them to commit a crime. As in, the numbers are lower than deaths by hammer or choking. I showed him that statistically, small-caliber handguns are the most common gun used in violent crime, and the majority of those are stolen. So what does he do? He goes from supporting an AWB to saying, flat-out, "you've convinced me - now I understand that we really need to ban ALL the guns."

He's not a really close friend to begin with, so.. I'm not sure about the future of our friendship after that conversation.

At about 3:27, it sounds like Morgan agrees with Cary that legally-owned machineguns are being used to commit crimes. To my knowledge, this has only happened once since NFA34 went into effect, and it was a cop. Otherwise, Cary got his head handed to him.

The guy who he is debating is a completely braindead mentally-impaired idiot. How did this moron even get a job?

Wonderful debate against this moron. Wow, this coming from a West Virginian, hard to believe!

So what does he do? He goes from supporting an AWB to saying, flat-out, "you've convinced me - now I understand that we really need to ban ALL the guns."

He's not a really close friend to begin with, so.. I'm not sure about the future of our friendship after that conversation.

This is exactly the way they will continue to take our rights, first its just the "assault weapons" they want. Then when that doesn't make crime magically disappear it's time to blame whatever guns are left, and the mob will be right there falling for it again.

I was having a discussion about the potential AWB with a friend of mine. He started off being very emotionally charged & fervently in support of an AWB. So I relayed some statistics about how few crimes are actually committed with "assault weapons," and how realistically the people who own these types of weapons are the least likely to ever use them to commit a crime. As in, the numbers are lower than deaths by hammer or choking. I showed him that statistically, small-caliber handguns are the most common gun used in violent crime, and the majority of those are stolen. So what does he do? He goes from supporting an AWB to saying, flat-out, "you've convinced me - now I understand that we really need to ban ALL the guns."

Yeah, avoid persuading people logically. It sounds weird, but studies have found people (even us) don't actually make decisions based on logic or facts. We do use logic to justify our choice, though.

Instead, take him plinking. Or talk about how much fun they are. Let him carry an unloaded gun holstered for an hour and learn to relish the feeling. Introduce him to a hot girl who packs. Those have all convinced my friends. :winkkiss:

Basically, until an anti-gun person associates positive feelings with guns, or thinks they're cool, he will remain unconvinced...

At about 3:27, it sounds like Morgan agrees with Cary that legally-owned machineguns are being used to commit crimes. To my knowledge, this has only happened once since NFA34 went into effect, and it was a cop. Otherwise, Cary got his head handed to him.

I noticed this too, but to be fair, it's easy to get nervous and make little slip-ups when on camera. Especially when in an argument with someone and trying to keep it calm, respectful, and graceful. I'd give him credit that it was more of a nervous slip of the tongue than true agreement.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top