JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm originally from Illinois. Did 4 years with the Marine Corps and was stationed in Washington state and California.

If any of you have ever lived in Illinois, you'll understand why I didn't move back. Plus, who wouldn't want to live in the scenic northwest?

Just an idea, but what about posting a sign or two to the effect "No Dumping, police up your brass and empty shells, take some trash with you when you leave." Even if it gets shot to heck, at least it will indicate some shooters are trying to behave themselves. I can look into having a couple made.

People that don't pick up or use shooting areas for trash give us shooters a bad name. Thanks to all who helped out picking up. I have a small dodge pu and would help on any weekend. Just PM
Can some one PM me the directions. I'm in salem and need a new place to shoot, would like to show my wife how to shoot. She has never has shot before and would love to learn. But she doesn't want to go to a range yet. Besides with the way my budget is, up in the air right now $$$$ is tight.

DC

I know where Brown's Camp is, if that's anywhere close. I've got a midsize 1/2T with a canopy, but I can always toss a few garbage sacks back there. If you can't haul them all, leave them there. Maybe some of us can go snatch them up, or maybe it might give others a clue...:huh:

I remind everyone who buys from me to pickup their casing and trash , And I tell them no glass bottles or they will shut it down. I guess not to many people have been listening and still leave the home garbage behind, It will be shut down if this keeps up. On posting a sign all they have done was to shoot it up. We have tried for 10 years now and it happens everytime. Once a good shooting spot now everyone knows about it and we are left cleaning up after the ones who just don't give a flying leap about it. I was up there monday and picked up a full bage of casings and Diapers also, Lets teach are kids how to litter. Not please with the respect that some of the outsiders have for our county. LB

Hey guys, I live in Banks, have a pick-up, and can help dispose of trash. I would be interested in helping on a cleanup and squeeze off a few rounds one of these days. let me know.

Thanks Mac you are closer than most of use, If we all do are part the state won't shut it done. I have talk with the State Forestry in Forest Grove about what we are doing to control the garbage and they said as long as a few of use care they have no problem with use using the road . looks like there are more of use than the garbage shooters and we can keep control of the area. LB

first off my bad, i haven't been online in quite awhile. work got crazy this month.

I'm not sure if it has an official name but i will give you an address, 25166 NW Timber Rd.

look for a turn off on the side of the road, the turn off should have a 2 ft tall dirt burm outlined by some good sized rocks(not boulders just too heavy to pick up) if you let me know which way you would be coming from and i can tell you which side of the road its on. Have fun! The spot is good for all kinds of guns. shotgun W/ a good clearing for clay pidgins, aprox 100 yd rifle range, and a good 20 ft tall dirt hillside for pistol action!:D

I’m not sure if it has an official name but i will give you an address, 25166 NW Timber Rd.

look for a turn off on the side of the road, the turn off should have a 2 ft tall dirt burm outlined by some good sized rocks(not boulders just too heavy to pick up) if you let me know which way you would be coming from and i can tell you which side of the road its on. Have fun! The spot is good for all kinds of guns. shotgun W/ a good clearing for clay pidgins, aprox 100 yd rifle range, and a good 20 ft tall dirt hillside for pistol action!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top