JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to buy a Garand. Not at 2x what it cost thru CMP.
Also looking at Colt 1911 45 ACP Gold Cup from 1970-75 era

IMG_3033.jpeg

Looking to buy a Garand. Not at 2x what it cost thru CMP.
Also looking at Colt 1911 45 ACP Gold Cup from 1970-75 era

View attachment 1790013
Welcome, as for the Garand if you really want one at that price the CMP is all you got. You most likely are never going to find one you want at less than twice that price. Just not enough of them still around.
As for the Colt Gold Cup from that time again, if you are willing to pay? Plenty of them out there but, you will have to be willing to pay way more than a nice new in box 1911 that will do the same thing. All in how bad you want them since there are plenty of both, just not at a "great price".

Welcome to NWFA.

Well, M1 Rifles cost what they cost. We don't see many of them come up for sale on this site at any price. At least I haven't. The CMP prices of rack grade, field grade and service grade are all still under $1,000. Which is less by far and away than those that actually sell on Gunbroker. An M1 Rifle selling for under a grand on GB is rare indeed. When I was down-sizing a few years ago, I sold a couple of M1 Rifles by consignment through a local pawn shop, they disappeared very quickly at something over a grand apiece.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups in Oregon and Washington. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Welcome to NWFA.

Well, M1 Rifles cost what they cost. We don't see many of them come up for sale on this site at any price. At least I haven't. The CMP prices of rack grade, field grade and service grade are all still under $1,000. Which is less by far and away than those that actually sell on Gunbroker. An M1 Rifle selling for under a grand on GB is rare indeed. When I was down-sizing a few years ago, I sold a couple of M1 Rifles by consignment through a local pawn shop, they disappeared very quickly at something over a grand apiece.
Funny you say that I had my garand listed here for like over a month at just about a thousand and only sold it for $960

Funny you say that I had my garand listed here for like over a month at just about a thousand and only sold it for $960
Might have something to do with the current legal situation re. private transfers. I know that's slowed things way down in Warshington state.

Condition is everything with M1 Rifles and prices settle accordingly.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews