JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know it may seem stoopid to some people, but can anybody recommend a good quality full size 1911 in 9mm?

Preferably without breaking the bank (under $800), I'm trying to save money on ammo but still want a little pop but not as little as a 22LR.

Any help would be appreciated!

Taurus makes an excellent product. I have owned both the .45 ACP,and 9mm versions of their 1911 pistols. They are well made, function well, quite accurate, and are priced under $600.

You may be able to find a used COLT, or some other brand of 1911 in 9mm if you do some looking. Deals can be had out there!

I didn't realize that Taurus made one in 9mm. I've always been leery about Taurus' products as I have seen many that were sub standard and prone to breaking or having function issues. On the plus side they do have a lifetime warranty, but the downside is that you have to use the warranty frequently...

Does Springfield or Sig Sauer make a 1911 in 9mm? I've not heard of the reliablity or quality of Rock Island before, any comments?

I have had a taurus pt1911 in 45 acp and it was a good gun. Never a problem with it and it shot any ammo I put through it. Givin my experience with taurus products, I would buy one again.

I am trying to get my hands on a rock island 1911 to try it out. Have heard nothing but good things about them.

Sig Sauer and Springfield both offer 9mm 1911 models... I think both will put you a little over the $800 range though. Last new stainless Springfield 9mm was $875ish and the Sig was the same. I BELIEVE the Sig 9mm is brand new, so probably not too much info out on how it well it does.

I would go STI Spartan, then SA 9mm, then Rock Island, then a chunk of wood with a smiley face, a piece of wet tissue, then the Taurus and only if someone absolutley made me!!

Thanks for all the info! I think the STI Spartan looks to be the frontrunner here.

Any local shops in the eugene area that have them so I can take a look?

I have always thought that any gun in 9mm that has a barrel longer then 4 inches is useless. I can see the match guns in competition having a slight advantage (although not much) but it just seems like it's unneeded weight. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews