JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm curious as to why there are so many Taurus-bashers out there? They are great guns for the money spent, and the overall quality keeps improving. I've never had one break, blow up or otherwise fail me at the range, and the Tracker series (from what I've seen) can go toe to toe with any company as far as accuracy is concerned. Sure, they don't have the curb appeal of other makers' but then again we are looking for a pistol under a budget, so try not to knock 'em too hard. I can't speak on thier 9mm 1911, but everyone I've talked with at the range is delighted with the Taurus 1911 platform in .45acp.

If you like the 1911 platform, and want it in 9mm, you don't really have a lot of choices on barrel length. I'm looking for a SA 9mm 1911 because I've got about 3 or 4 gallons of once fired 9mm brass, and less than a gallon of .45 brass. SA has the ramped barrel that I would prefer, and a good reputation with a stellar warranty. But they only have it in full size, so I'll take the 5" barrel. Truth be told though, I would look for a champion if they made that size in 9x19.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of Taurus 9 mm 1911s in the OR classifieds. I don't recall how much they were asking. I've had three Taurus autos (still have two of 'em), but not in the 1911 platform. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I don't mean to bash Taurus, it is just my personal experience with that brand has not been good. This is not going to be a carry piece so I am not concerned with the weight or barrel length, in fact a little heavier is just fine with me due to the reduced recoil and added controlabilitiy. Also the full size 1911 frame would duplicate the weight and feel of the gun that is more expensive to shoot (45 ACP).

Has anyone had one of the new Sig Sauer 1911 in 9mm in their hands yet?

I have had a Taurus PT145 for many years and really like it. But I bought a Taurus 709 9mm and had nothing but trouble with it, so I think like any brand you can get good and bad, and you mostly hear about the bad. I would buy a Taurus 1911. Just bought a Taurus 905 9mm revolver and love it.

Sort of hijacking the thread but does anyone know of a local shop (Tacoma/Puyallup) that sells/stocks the RIA 1911 9mm? I don't recall seeing any RIA guns around here... seems the people who own them love them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top