JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know it may seem stoopid to some people, but can anybody recommend a good quality full size 1911 in 9mm?

Preferably without breaking the bank (under $800), I'm trying to save money on ammo but still want a little pop but not as little as a 22LR.

Any help would be appreciated!

Taurus makes an excellent product. I have owned both the .45 ACP,and 9mm versions of their 1911 pistols. They are well made, function well, quite accurate, and are priced under $600.

You may be able to find a used COLT, or some other brand of 1911 in 9mm if you do some looking. Deals can be had out there!

I didn't realize that Taurus made one in 9mm. I've always been leery about Taurus' products as I have seen many that were sub standard and prone to breaking or having function issues. On the plus side they do have a lifetime warranty, but the downside is that you have to use the warranty frequently...

Does Springfield or Sig Sauer make a 1911 in 9mm? I've not heard of the reliablity or quality of Rock Island before, any comments?

I have had a taurus pt1911 in 45 acp and it was a good gun. Never a problem with it and it shot any ammo I put through it. Givin my experience with taurus products, I would buy one again.

I am trying to get my hands on a rock island 1911 to try it out. Have heard nothing but good things about them.

Sig Sauer and Springfield both offer 9mm 1911 models... I think both will put you a little over the $800 range though. Last new stainless Springfield 9mm was $875ish and the Sig was the same. I BELIEVE the Sig 9mm is brand new, so probably not too much info out on how it well it does.

I would go STI Spartan, then SA 9mm, then Rock Island, then a chunk of wood with a smiley face, a piece of wet tissue, then the Taurus and only if someone absolutley made me!!

Thanks for all the info! I think the STI Spartan looks to be the frontrunner here.

Any local shops in the eugene area that have them so I can take a look?

I have always thought that any gun in 9mm that has a barrel longer then 4 inches is useless. I can see the match guns in competition having a slight advantage (although not much) but it just seems like it's unneeded weight. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top