JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only place I've seen where 90% of gun owners backed Obama was right here on the months before the election.

I don't know where they went to; probably government jobs.

I wonder if it's possible that there might be gun owners (and there are a lot of gun owners in the US) who don't, as a mere consequence of their owning a gun, support a Tea Party view of the world. Or does owning a gun automatically subscribe you to a political point of view too?

I wonder if it's possible that there might be gun owners (and there are a lot of gun owners in the US) who don't, as a mere consequence of their owning a gun, support a Tea Party view of the world. Or does owning a gun automatically subscribe you to a political point of view too?

I really hope there is some sarcasm or something I'm missing.

I'm not a Tea Party member, own firearms, and have a political viewpoint that doesn't fall in line with them or a major party. I just get screwed because I'm forgotten, no one cares, or really opposes my beliefs. I'm very libertarian too.

I've also seen a lot of people on this forum and on the Internet who identify as liberal and/or Democrat that own firearms and are not happy with the bans that the President wanted.

If you look at the questions, and the order the questions are asked, you can see how "correct" responses can be elicited.

Look at the question about guns, "which is more important": The options were "protect gun rights"? (44%) or "prevent gun violence"? (53%) or "not sure" (3%)

Yes, this data was in the same poll. at least 44% of the people questioned understood that "prevent gun violence" meant gun confiscation. Another interesting thing about the responses to this question, the results almost perfectly reflect the male/female percentage split in the sample. That may be a co-incidence, but it does suggest that men and women look at the answer differently.

There is no reason for a person not to be against violence, but as inanimate objects cannot be violent, without a human actor behind that violence, in is a matter of understanding the underlying bias of the question.

HOW a question is worded, how the answer options are worded, and the order of the questions asked can, and does, influence the responses. This poll (and all the others) use weighted averages to calculate final results...this also can effect the final results.

Once years ago (on another subject) I said to my very wise boss,,, "but Bill, the figures don't lie" Bill answered "true, but liars sure can figure"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top