JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I might as well start a thread on this since I will probably be doing one once they are available.

I mentioned in the 1911 thread that Matrix Precision is working on a 80% receiver for P228. Matrix makes some very nice tools to finish 1911 80% receivers.

Some additional information is here
http://www.matrixprecisionparts.com/catalog/

It sounds like they will be doing a pre-order soon for the receiver and are finishing the tools

The parts kits are up as well
1280760a.jpg
<broken link removed>

more detail on pre-order

The frame will be p228/p229 featuring the normal sized magwell not the new wider E2 magwell that takes the P229-1 mags. The material is 7075 aluminum. Pre-order price is $275 per frame, shipping is free

Bolus, thanks for the information. I already have the parts needed but just have a couple of questions regarding the frame/receiver. Do you have an ETA for delivery on these and do you have a local source for anodizing them? Also, wondering (hoping) they also be available in steel? Thanks!

Bolus, thanks for the information. I already have the parts needed but just have a couple of questions regarding the frame/receiver. Do you have an ETA for delivery on these and do you have a local source for anodizing them? Also, wondering (hoping) they also be available in steel? Thanks!

They should be pretty close. the pre-orders seem to be going out since I see on some other forums that people are getting them. I think they were finalizing up the ATF determination as well.

I dont know if they will be available in steel

@Velzey on the forum here does all sort of coatings and his price for a pistol frame was quite reasonable when I asked him about this project

They should be pretty close. the pre-orders seem to be going out since I see on some other forums that people are getting them. I think they were finalizing up the ATF determination as well.

I dont know if they will be available in steel

@Velzey on the forum here does all sort of coatings and his price for a pistol frame was quite reasonable when I asked him about this project

Hello, great thread! I'm interested in one of the frames, would anyone direct me to the source?

Last Edited:
rail is cut. problem is that the side is supposed to be a little loose but mine is cut perfect. not sure what to do now. I guess I will see how it goes with a good 1911 style fit.

8HRSE0U.jpg

slide tolerances demonstrated here

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top