JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I might as well start a thread on this since I will probably be doing one once they are available.

I mentioned in the 1911 thread that Matrix Precision is working on a 80% receiver for P228. Matrix makes some very nice tools to finish 1911 80% receivers.

Some additional information is here
http://www.matrixprecisionparts.com/catalog/

It sounds like they will be doing a pre-order soon for the receiver and are finishing the tools

The parts kits are up as well
1280760a.jpg
<broken link removed>

more detail on pre-order

The frame will be p228/p229 featuring the normal sized magwell not the new wider E2 magwell that takes the P229-1 mags. The material is 7075 aluminum. Pre-order price is $275 per frame, shipping is free

Bolus, thanks for the information. I already have the parts needed but just have a couple of questions regarding the frame/receiver. Do you have an ETA for delivery on these and do you have a local source for anodizing them? Also, wondering (hoping) they also be available in steel? Thanks!

Bolus, thanks for the information. I already have the parts needed but just have a couple of questions regarding the frame/receiver. Do you have an ETA for delivery on these and do you have a local source for anodizing them? Also, wondering (hoping) they also be available in steel? Thanks!

They should be pretty close. the pre-orders seem to be going out since I see on some other forums that people are getting them. I think they were finalizing up the ATF determination as well.

I dont know if they will be available in steel

@Velzey on the forum here does all sort of coatings and his price for a pistol frame was quite reasonable when I asked him about this project

They should be pretty close. the pre-orders seem to be going out since I see on some other forums that people are getting them. I think they were finalizing up the ATF determination as well.

I dont know if they will be available in steel

@Velzey on the forum here does all sort of coatings and his price for a pistol frame was quite reasonable when I asked him about this project

Hello, great thread! I'm interested in one of the frames, would anyone direct me to the source?

Last Edited:
rail is cut. problem is that the side is supposed to be a little loose but mine is cut perfect. not sure what to do now. I guess I will see how it goes with a good 1911 style fit.

8HRSE0U.jpg

slide tolerances demonstrated here

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews