JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More experimenting. I think I finally found a home coating I like. This one is Brownells teflon/moly coating. It goes on much easier than the other ones I've tried (duracoat, aluma-hyde). Dry to touch in a few minutes. Then oven baked for 30 minutes and soon as it is cool it is ready to assemble.

TEFLON/MOLY OVEN CURE, GUN FINISH | Brownells (http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/metal-prep-coloring/paint-finishes/bake-on-aerosol-paints/teflon-moly-oven-cure-gun-finish-prod1145.aspx)

TIebCq0.jpg

Those copes kits sure went fast selling out in under a day. I managed to grab a few before they sold out. Ordered the big daddy kit matrix sells which includes the tooling and a frame. Thanks BOLUS for having already made a matrix frame, this thread helped push me over the edge so to speak on picking those kits up.

Not sig related but there are rumors of a Beretta 92 80% kit on the way (perhaps from the same company?). They have been done before as one-off builds but now a full kit might be on the way

P3260348.JPG

thanks, Interesting, I did not know it did anything other than color the metal. More I need to learn. None of my 80% are built for carry or durability, just the hobby of building.

You mentioned that since it is aluminum it will not rust. Believe it or not aluminum will corrode. Aluminum anodizing not only puts a pretty finish on but it also acts as a corrosion inhibitor.

Hello all. I am new to the forum. Have read through this thread several times in anticipation of purchasing a matrix precision rail cutter. After several weeks of back and forth on doing it I have a cutter on the way with a test blank to practice. Frames to come soon after I get comfortable with the jig. I have been a Sig fan for almost 20 years and am excited about giving an 80% build a go. glad I came across this thread to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was so disappointed to find this out the other day. I had hoped to have the time to build more than one of these but unfortunately will not. I ordered up the last of what I needed to finish up a build last week. Sent David an email and expressed my disappointment in such a great option going away. Shared that even the frames would be great since there are other options for parts out there. Maybe not at such a great price but still could be done. But understand things change. Get it while it lasts.

Just corralled final pieces to complete 4 including 1 inbred 226/229. I will post some pics upon completion.
FYI.... Matrix is out of 228 kits for good
Down to a few of the railed frames no non rail
220 frames are in but kits are incomplete and $300 ouch
That's without slide/barrel
Hunt about though..picked up one of eBay for $240 complete

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR