JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
, reminded me of Psych class.

Reminds me of an old Psych class too - like the original thread was created in order to project one's own feelings of inadequacies onto other members in a attempt to make one's self feel better about not performing the actions that are being complained about. In this case, that would be donating to the sight, which the OP has not done. My guess is this would be categorized as "overcompensation," but I'd have to dust off my text books before I could say for certain.

In any case, on a more important note - I heard Memaloose Rd was open to shoot again...

Reminds me of an old Psych class too - like the original thread was created in order to project one's own feelings of inadequacies onto other members in a attempt to make one's self feel better about not performing the actions that are being complained about. In this case, that would be donating to the sight, which the OP has not done. My guess is this would be categorized as "overcompensation," but I'd have to dust off my text books before I could say for certain.

sounds about right. I like the idea of trying to lay a guilt trip on the rest of us.. I've been holding this in for quite awhile.. To the OP MYOB.....

The very last thing I want is for anyone to feel like they *have* to donate in order to use any portion of this site. Use it, enjoy it :)

I spend money with your vendors. For one, I like to support local businesses. For two, they know how I learned of them and that may or may not influence their decisions to keep re-upping their sponsorship of your site.

The purchases of my Barrett, both of my LWRCs, and one of my 870's are directly due to meeting one of your vendor sponsors and developing a good solid friendship with someone who is a complete class guy. If that was one of the goals of your site, you have been successful.

I sure wish the weather would clear up so I can go out and smack a couple thousand sage rats instead of sitting alone in the dark spanking a monkey and creating a fuss on the internet......

There, fixed it for ya.

You can always donate.

Yup and like others, my feed back is ZERO (haven't found anything I want AND can afford. I have found a lot I WANT though...)

You can always donate. For a site like this with the opportunity to participate in my 2nd and 1st amendment rights. You bet. Donate. It's good for you.

Sodbuster

I really appreciate everyone's input in this thread. To go a bit further on what I said before, I want to ensure that this site always operates from funds people choose to donate once they feel they've received value from it, rather than asking or charging up front. This doesn't mean donations won't provide people with extra benefits from the site that non-donors don't have access to, but I intend to keep the core of this site and it's features free for as long as I run it.

I have gained many $$ from this site selling items but have yet to get them into full (production) action to make $$$ from my new biz, and when I do I will totally support this site, it's been fair and righteous so far. Thank you, Joe

"The worse part about this are the PMs I received from people who agreed with me but didn't want to post because of the flames they would receive."

:bsflag:

besides when you responded to a couple posts on here, do you know who you were talking to? apparently not.
if you want drama, go join barf-15.com

Yesterday I contacted a member about a rifle he has for sale. I was a little hesitant about buying from him so he says "check my feedback I buy, sell and trade on this site all the time" Well I started thinking about that and concluded he is making money off this site and is to cheap to spend 20 bucks a year to help sponsor the site!! Come on people if you are making money, spend 20 bucks and help the site. I did a little checking today and was a little shocked to see plenty of people in the 20+ rating without a sponsorship, Especially the people complaining in the "Bumping" thread. Here they are making fun of people who bump ads yet they are to cheap to spend a couple of bucks a month!!

Your post might be taken a little more seriously if YOU were a supporter.

To complain about someone not being a supporter when the complainer isn't either is quite absurd.

I also noticed that the majority of the posters in this thread are not supporting members.... Hmmmm.

But, I do think being free is one of the wonderful things about this site. I've often encouraged guys I know to check it out and join up. "It's free. It's easy and fun", is what I say.

Joey has created a great place here. I've enjoyed it for quite a while and plan on hanging around. No matter what he says though, I'm sure he wouldn't mind a few more supporters. It's a fair thing to do because he's put a ton of effort into something we all enjoy.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top